Activia Yogurt Challenge

Options
Hi everyone :happy:

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Activia 14 day Yogurt Challenge? It's supposed to help regulate the digestive system and even help with weight loss.

I've been having digestion problems, and been considering different options. I'm thinking of trying the challenge out (having one yogurt every morning for 14 days) and would love to hear input.

:heart:

Replies

• bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about Activa, but I've heard great things about a tea called "Smooth Move Tea"...it's a ridiculous name, I know, but it apparently works super well and is all herbal and natural. I've only had it a few times when I was really bloated and needed some help, but I have some close family members that use it on a regular basis and are...excuse this terrible pun...regular.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Oh my god don't do it. I decided to try it once. I got through one day before I was stuck at home throwing up for the next two days. Two of the worst days of my life (although I did lose 5 pounds from throwing up, so maybe that was the point of it rsrs).

Activia isn't made from fat free milk though, so maybe that's what did me in.
  • melanielee86
    melanielee86 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about Activa, but I've heard great things about a tea called "Smooth Move Tea"...it's a ridiculous name, I know, but it apparently works super well and is all herbal and natural. I've only had it a few times when I was really bloated and needed some help, but I have some close family members that use it on a regular basis and are...excuse this terrible pun...regular.

Thank you so much for the comment! :) I will definitely check out "Smooth Move Tea" haha! I'm not sure if I will be able to find it in my town, but maybe there is something similar! :smile:
  • melanielee86
    melanielee86 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oh my god don't do it. I decided to try it once. I got through one day before I was stuck at home throwing up for the next two days. Two of the worst days of my life (although I did lose 5 pounds from throwing up, so maybe that was the point of it rsrs).

Activia isn't made from fat free milk though, so maybe that's what did me in.

Oh my goodness, that's absolutely horrible! I'm sorry that you had to go through that! I wonder what made you so sick? That does not sound like a fun way to spend your day, yikes! Thank goodness it didn't last long! :flowerforyou:
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've never done the full 14 days, not keeping track anyway, but I find it's helpful. When I take it I make sure I use a measuring cup and eat it with some frozen berries (again, a measured portion) or a sliced banana and a high fibre cereal like All Bran (measured portion). I find it's a good filling and healthy breakfast, helps regulate and reduces the bloat. Not sure if it's the yoghurt (which probably has an acidophyllis enzyme in it -- which you can also get in capsules at a health food store) or the fruit or the bran -- likely a combo. Thanks for asking. I may give this a try again ;D
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    In regards to the Smooth Move Tea... it does contain senna leaf... which can cause cramping. I use this tea periodically when I need... ehem... help. Or when I'm feeling super bloated. It definitely works for me... but can cause some cramping. I recommend using it on a day off of work until you know how it will affect you.

As for Activia... I've never taken the challenge. But I usually eat a serving a yogurt daily and find that it helps.
  • Jdplank
    Jdplank Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the challenge but found that chobani or other fat free greek yogurt works well to keep me regulated. I eat chobani every day for breakfast. All yogurt has the ability that activia does. Think that they just threw in a few more cultures into activia and decided to market it as some profound thing. Eat greek and enjoy its all natural approach from chobani along with loads of protein