anybody else having a hard time...

Options
staying within in your alloted calorie goals each day and still feed the family?...:huh:

Replies

• deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It's hard, but I slip up alot and then I just have to work it off the next day.
  • Harlin12
    Harlin12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Every day it is a challenge.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    I just make my meals separate to everyone else, feed the family or who ever first , then make mine, Its actually easier because I just put my bit of veg on a plate microwave it , or do my little bit of salad in a bowl then add some protein such as a bit of lean meat or egg, or steam a bit of fish , or just have a protein shake , or a bowl of soup, you can freeze soup for yourself in portions and just microwave a portion as you want, and just have rice cakes in place of bread , (4 thin rice cakes = one slice of bread).
  • alocin1709
    Options
    Change is hard ...in the beginning, and as we move along our path to change it really does get easier. I am always trying new ways to find everyday food items that my whole family can eat and that will stay within my calorie limits. I find planning for meals, only purchasing what I need and working on presentation of new foods to the family as helpful ways to sell the change in all our eating :)
    I have found that sometimes I eat a slight variation on what they eat - if I make homemade chicken schnitzel (kids love them and we have always made them together) I choose to have plain trimmed breast fillet only ...I find, for me, it's all about planning :)
    Best wishes :)
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't had a hard time with this at all. I cook food for me that my family wants to eat too, because it is good. Healthy food doesn't have to be food that the rest of your family wont eat!
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't had a hard time with this at all. I cook food for me that my family wants to eat too, because it is good. Healthy food doesn't have to be food that the rest of your family wont eat!

This, I am on 1200 a day, but exercise daily so can eat more and I make food like home made kebabs, home made burgers, thai curries (mild) , chicken, steak, or lamb with salad and a boiled egg, light pasta salad and meat (sausages for the kids) and keep my own portions smaller. It's doable if the kids aren't terribly fussy. A favourite is toasted wraps with spinach, feta, patrami, olives, hummus, tomato and mushrooms - once grilled it's tasty, and the kids don't know there is good stuff in it LOL.
  • devilsangel2
    devilsangel2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I make basically the same meal, but where I have salad and meat only, for the family I will add pasta, potato salad etc.