Thoughts on how much you burn at Disneyland....

Options
Do you think that logging leisurley walking 1/2 the time or 2/3 the time you are an amusement park is fair....like 2 mph,. We are gonna be there 14 hours......we have a handicap child with us, so there is no waiting in lines....thoughts?

Replies

• thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm taking a trip to Disney World at the end of the month and I was wondering the same thing...I might guesstimate, or change my daily activity level to fairly active.
  • AngelJordan
    AngelJordan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    14 hours ? WOW
    Can i come =)
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have considered logging it at all... but that's just me. Have a great time! x
  • aaron_mc29
    aaron_mc29 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I reckon I walked about 10km/day while I was there! Back-and-forthing between rides (and parks!) to make the most of the FastPass system takes a lot of walking. Take a good pair of shoes though - nothing worse than waiting in line with a blister.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Take a good pair of shoes though - nothing worse than waiting in line with a blister.

Oh yeah, I went last summer and tried to wear sandals....when I went back to the hotel I changed to tennis shoes.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Well I logged 240 minutes, just half my time there....cause we were ON THE MOVE. Some say don't log, but I am on a VLCD and I needed to be sure that I planned my Protein/ Carbs in check.....successful 9 hours driving 10 in park - 5 hours sleeping ....crazy 24 hours...good to be home with a day off~!
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    if you have a heart rate monitor you could bring that. maybe this is the right opportunity to get one?
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    We were there over Xmas and I definiately logged it! Had our 15 year old with us and we went everywhere! I logged it as leisurely walking and calculated at about half of the time we were there which was about 12 hrs/day. You are still moving! I didn't consider it cardio (obviously), but I do believe that moving should count for something!