Has anyone ever been so ill that...cont

Options
You just couldn't eat and you lost weight wayyy too fast? I've been sick for seven days now and I havn't had the stomache to eat anything. :/ I dropped seven pounds in three days because I have had no food. Thtat's just wayyyy to fast. :/ Luckily, I'm beginning to feel more human again. I ate some soup last night, and I am going to eat alittle bit at each meal, today. I've been down with a very very nasty virus. I didn't go school at all this week either. I've been just too weak. So, yeah anyone been there? Done that? No, fun right? :/

chat?(:

Replies

• adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Yeah..had mono last month and I couldn't swallow anything so I lost some of my xmas break weight.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    That happened to me when I had a kidney infection :( Couldn't eat properly for a month and lost a lot. Unfortunately when I started eating again I was ravenous and ate a lot! Put it all back on plus more! I think it was a mental thing.

Glad you are feeling better :) These things happen. Just listen to your body.
  • ElizabethKathrynJ
    Options
    Omg. Mono is the worst! Two of my friendshave had it and they both went down harrd! I gotcha. :( no fun.x.x
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had several medical complications when I was a child and lost stupendous amounts of weight that saw me lose 2 stone in about a month... I went from 6 stone to 4 stone and looked very ill
  • ElizabethKathrynJ
    Options
    Wowzers D:
  • spskinny
    spskinny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 lbs in 7 days from what they called the Mexico SARS outbreak ( saw it on FOX news when I got home) . It was respiratory, it was bad, kept having dreams I was drowning. Hopefully you are not that sick ;). Take good care of yourself, and don't put any high expectations on MFP stuff right now, just get better first.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That happens sometimes. You will probably gain some/most of it back once you start feeling better. When I was in high school, I had pneumonia and lost 15 lbs in two weeks... I was already thin before that.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    That happened to me when I had a kidney infection :( Couldn't eat properly for a month and lost a lot. Unfortunately when I started eating again I was ravenous and ate a lot! Put it all back on plus more! I think it was a mental thing.

Glad you are feeling better :) These things happen. Just listen to your body.

I had kidney infection last week too and couldnt eat and as soon as that got better I got tonsilitus so can't swallow or taste anything with no appetite. I'm not losing any weight though. I never eat alot anyway so it doesnt make much of a difference as im trying to eat same as usual but not good for my weight loss as meant to reach my calorie intake :/

Hope you feel better soooon!!!nx
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've been recovering really quickly but I have been keeping my exercise to a minimum until I get my energy back to at least 85%
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Everyone gets ill, it's natural, and it's natural to lose weight while you are. Having a temperature burns up a lot of calories. But unless you are chronically ill for months and months and start getting muscle wastage and malnutrition, it isn't a problem diet wise. Obviously being ill isn't much fun, but there's no such thing as losing weight too fast.

I have twice been bedridden for a month, once with scarlet fever, and once with pleurisy that turned into tracheitis, as well as having been hospitalised with appendicitis, pneumonia and bronchitis. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and all that.
  • ElizabethKathrynJ
    Options
    Good luck with getting your energy and strength back! I have a dance competition on the 18th. I hope my director kept me in, and Ihope I can actually DO it. I'm very weak still.

Can't wait to start eating again now that I don't get neasous when I literally hear the word "food" lol. xD
  • Ritchiewoo
    Options
    Hi yep,swine flu Christmas 2010 - 7 days in bed,I could only literally crawl to the loo and only wanted orange squash,wow did the weight fall off of me.. .. My sons were eating fish and chips,curries,spaghetti bolognaise and I could smell it in the kitchen just couldnt and didnt want any. BAD TIMES. I did however shrink my stomach a bit in the process.. every cloud has a silver lining! x

Get well soon xxxx
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Hi yep,swine flu Christmas 2010 - 7 days in bed,I could only literally crawl to the loo and only wanted orange squash,wow did the weight fall off of me.. .. My sons were eating fish and chips,curries,spaghetti bolognaise and I could smell it in the kitchen just couldnt and didnt want any. BAD TIMES. I did however shrink my stomach a bit in the process.. every cloud has a silver lining! x

Get well soon xxxx

I forgot swine flu! That was evil. I was literally unable to get out of bed for 7 days and couldn't eat for about 3 weeks.
  • ElizabethKathrynJ
    Options

Get well soon xxxx

That's exactly what I went through! No, fun at all. I was also crawling. I couldn't stand for the longest time. & the smell of food... just awful. I feel you. o.o
  • ElizabethKathrynJ
    Options
    Everyone gets ill, it's natural, and it's natural to lose weight while you are. Having a temperature burns up a lot of calories. But unless you are chronically ill for months and months and start getting muscle wastage and malnutrition, it isn't a problem diet wise. Obviously being ill isn't much fun, but there's no such thing as losing weight too fast.

I have twice been bedridden for a month, once with scarlet fever, and once with pleurisy that turned into tracheitis, as well as having been hospitalised with appendicitis, pneumonia and bronchitis. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and all that.

Wow, you've all the way around the block. &Your right you do get stronger through life's challenges(:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    LOL mono???? oh you mean glandula feaver i was wondering and thats a cow by the way!
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I got food poisoning from a cheeseburger & was ill for like 3 days, couldn't keep anything down, if I moved I puked, I was in bed for a week & none of my clothes fit when I recovered haha.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    LOL mono???? oh you mean glandula feaver i was wondering and thats a cow by the way!

mononucleosis - the little bugger that causes all the problems
  • bbysars
    bbysars Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When I went to Egypt I brushed my teeth with the water (assuming that's how I got it, it could have been the food aswell) but it was BAD. Like. BAD. It happened on the second day and lasted like 3 weeks, when I came back home the doctor said it had to run it's course because it would be almost impossible to find out what virus I had. Anyways I ended up losing about 15lbs. I couldn't eat anything without my stomach turning it into.. I don't even know or care to explain.
  • ElizabethKathrynJ
    Options
    I got food poisoning from a cheeseburger & was ill for like 3 days, couldn't keep anything down, if I moved I puked, I was in bed for a week & none of my clothes fit when I recovered haha.

Oh, food poisoning! Even the skinniest people lose with that stuff! A friend of mine who's so skinny that everyone thinks is anorexic, but everytime you turn around she's stuffing her mouth with something had it. She lost between 10&20pounds! She waslike"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" NOT a happy camper. x.x