Too much Sugar!!

Options
What healthy foods are low in sugar? i am staying under my daily calories but i always am over with sugar. I need some new foods low in sugar. Any suggestions??

Replies

• danielle53102
    danielle53102 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me to girl !!!!!! Now I munch on celery it's so good when it's really cold cut and washed off :)
  • gilliango
    gilliango Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Milk or milk products are the main culprits of my going over sugar allotments.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I switched from normal milk to Almond milk and cut way down on my daily sugar.

However, the simple sugar in milk (from what I hear) isn't really quite as bad for you as say the sugar in a pack of gummy worms.

For snacks - trail mix, protein shakes (even for weight loss people).

Good luck!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Where is the sugar coming from? Have a look at your diary to see where the numbers are big - and try to work on those one at a time.
    My breakfasts are usually high in sugar, but most of that is from fruit/dairy so I can live with that.
    My snacks tend to be high is sugar too, and if that is from biscuits/chocolate etc, its a wake up call for me to change my snacks to veggies/hommus, almonds, boiled egg etc.
  • katiecook2
    Options
    I eat lots of fruit, and I am at my sugar goal with just 1 cup of strawberries :-0 So I'm trying not to let myself get stressed about it. because I know the sugars I am eating are healthy sugars. I just make sure I don't eat them late at night.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Myth: Sugar in fruit is good, sugar in candy is bad.

Fact: The sugar in most fruit is primarily fructose, which has few, if any, advantages over sucrose (the sugar in candy). So it doesn't matter, for instance, if your jam is sweetened with "sugar" or "fruit juice sweetener."

Myth: Honey and brown sugar are more healthful than table sugar (sucrose).

Fact: Neither offers significant nutritional advantages.

I found this info here http://www.wellnessletter.com/html/fw/fwNut03Carbs.html#
  • swobbles
    Options
    This happens to me too and it is so frustrating. If I have a glass of OJ in the morning, with some berries in my porridge, and an apple for a snack I am way over my limit. Its hard to know if I should be trying to cut down on my fruit intake, but doing that seems kind of wrong...
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I didn't really realize how much sugar was in the greek yogurt I was eating. I am not one to eat the plain stuff, so it was either fruit on the bottom or all fruit. I am trying to cut those down, or use plain and I put in a tablespoon of sugar free raspberry preserves. (I'm sure the artificial isn't that great either)