A Friday pat on the back

Options
Good morning everyone,

I am not usually the type to brag, but I wanted to take an uncommon moment to pat myself on the back this morning. I started my diet a few weeks ago before joining MFP so all in all I've actually lost about 12 pounds. When I started I had to squeeze myself in to my 38 waist jeans. This morning for casual Friday at work I am happy to report that I am comfortably back in my 36 waist jeans. In my opinion it is one thing thing to see the needle on the scale moving, but more rewarding to see clothes go back on that you haven't been able to wear in a couple years. Anyone else reach any clothing milestones this week so that we can give you a congrats? BTW I am really enjoying all the support on this site. I think I may be getting hooked!

Replies

• MJR819
    MJR819 Posts: 28
    Options
    That's awesome! Haven't hit any milestone like that yet, but I can't wait to. I kept one pair of jeans from a while ago to use as a gauge. LOL! And yeah, the people here are great. I haven't felt this motivated ever.
  • FarmingFatty
    FarmingFatty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait to fit into my skinner jeans again! :) Enjoy!
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    that is truly a WONDERFUL amazing feeling... good for you! and keep going!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    fantastic!! Congrats!
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    my jeans are just now starting to loosen up on me to where I can tell it... not so much around the waist, but in the butt and legs.
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    I noticed last week, I have this denim jacket which I could only do two buttons up or something without it feeling really tight or without me breathing in. Now I can button them all up and I still have room, it feels great. ;D
  • lorri68
    lorri68 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    yes i have to keep pulling mine up
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love shopping in my closet and finding new thing to wear. Enjoy!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Clapping for you and cyber patting your back! Congrats. It does feel good, dosnt it?:flowerforyou:
  • Angelmlevingston
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!!!! I would much rather see my clothes fitting better !!! I mean thats what ppl see not your number on the scale
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    WTG! Great job!!! My pants are starting to get saggy because I'm losing... :happy:
  • nshannon14
    nshannon14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Congrats to all that have hit clothing milestones! My next thought is about what I have in my closet. I was skinny so long ago maybe a lot of my clothes have gone out of style! LOL Still I agree that is better than pounds on the scale. Like Angelmlevings said, this is what everyone around you starts to notice. The compliments at work help too.
  • ShaSimone
    Options
    I loved when I could shop in the regular sized clothing section instead of plus sizes. I had to replace my entire wardrobe and made sure I gave away all my larger sizes so I have nothing to wear by gaining weight.
  • karah0011
    karah0011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Yeah! Congrats! I know and love the feeling! My fat girl pants are now falling off! I've lost 9 lbs but a lot more inches since I need to go shopping already! Keep up the great work!
  • berkra
    berkra Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes... same here
    it feels great that I get room in all those pants, an old Jacket fits again.
    We are going skiing in three weeks and typically I had problems to get into my ski pants...
    can't wait to get them out and show them off to the wife, no panick in my face that I need a new pair "again"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!