Hello! My name is... and I'm a MFP addict

Options
AllanMisner
AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
Hello! My name is Allan and I'm a MFP addict. I realized I had a problem when I couldn't leave the gym with a cardio workout that didn't burn at least 1000 calories = small meal and a bottle of wine = two Subway turkey double meat 6in subs and a small Detour bar...

Replies

• feduh86
    feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Hey Allan!
    I see we have the same addiction! I am always on this site, now as for the workouts ... i WISH I had that problem haha but for now, eating healthy and trying to be a nut about it works for me too! =)
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yah I waste more time than I care to admit. I need something to do at work right?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Emma, and I'm an MFP addict. I probably talk about calories in at least 50% of the conversations I have. I am on this site daily, all day. I log and check every single thing I put in my mouth on my BB MFP app. And I love my friends on here.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lindsay and I too am an MFP addict. I have to log my food and workouts daily or its an epic fail. I am also addicted to message boards and will either reply if I see fit or will read for a good laugh.
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This^^^^

Hi, my name is April and I'm an MFP addict, too. My friends and family are now calling me obsessed (with counting calories). I tell absolutely everyone about MFP, and it ends up in most of my conversations as well. I log everything (even if it has a zero calorie count). My opinion? If I'm going to be addicted to something, at least it's healthy!!!
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Morgan and I'm a MFP addict and might I add a ****ing werido while im at it:glasses:
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Erin. I have been hooked on MFP crack since December. I've tried to get help, but people just laugh at me. I'm always talking about what my friends on MFP have said to other people, and they don't have a clue what Im talking about. I feel so cold and alone. My work is being affected as I can't help but get a fix at work all day long. My iPhone is always in hand, feeding my addiction when Im not at a computer.

Im glad there are others like me. :tongue:
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name's SJ and I am a MFP addict. So much so I use it more than Facebook, use it all the time whilst at work, have it open on my laptop all evening and I have the app on my iPhone :D xx
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am Karmyn, and I have just recently become addicted to this site. I truly realized that I spend too much time here and talk about it too much when my 6 year old came home from school and said very dramatically "oh dear, I think I went over on my sugars today, I had a rice crispy treat for snack"!!! Hmmm.... lol
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Yah I waste more time than I care to admit. I need something to do at work right?

I'm in the same boat and thinking the same thing ^^ LOL! But, I am becoming better at multi-tasking so I can have more MFP time and get work done!! :bigsmile:
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Hello. My name is Will and I'm in denial. I could totally quit you guys faster than you can say Dairy Queen but my fiance would kick my azz. So thanks for being so awesome and making my journey more fun than I ever thought it could be. You guys Rock!
  • eacatterton
    eacatterton Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Elizabeth and I am also an MFP addict. I am constantly talking about calories (and sodium recently) and it is part of almost every conversation. I am extremely attached to my news feed and the forums (though I don't post often) and constantly have it open while at work and home, along with the app on my Ipad.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hi - my name is Jules and I am an MFP addict. I can't even stop long enough to earn a badge or pin or anything! I have to force myself to log out just to get some work done around here. Still, I come back, and - I am getting other people addicted too! 4 people at work have joined us thus far. :devil:

Fortunately - my addiction is a healthy one that is aiding in my weight loss and overall healthiness. This is super important to me... my mother was just diagnosed with diabetes. My aunt, both uncles,and my grandma on that side of the family have it as well. My seester and I are working hard to break that mold!

Thanks to MFP and all my MFPals! :heart:
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Morgan and I'm a MFP addict. I know this because of the following:

- All my non MFP friends know what "bump" means.
    - I talk about MFP friends like we hang out on a regular.
    - I have stood on a picnic table in the middle of the woods with my cell phone towards the sky in the freezing cold in order to keep my consecutive day streak alive.

I don't feel like I am doing anything wrong. :bigsmile: