Triathlon today

Options
I finished my second sprint triathlon this morning. It was very hot today. The ocean was pretty calm so the swim 1/4 mile was nice. The bike(10 miles) was nice with no wind the course was very flat there were cars on the course and they were very considerate. The run is the hard part for me and today was a tough one. I did a lot of walking today. I finished the course and had a good time. I have been training with a group of new triathletes (30 of us) everyone finished the race today. We all had a positive experience and I think most will do some more. We were even talking about training next weekend. Just had to share.:smile:

Replies

• shallmark
    shallmark Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats on your race!!!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    wow, that's so cool. congrats.
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! Congrats. :drinker:
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That is great! I did my 1st a few weekends ago. .5 swim, 17 mile bike, 5K run.
    My swim was horrid since I couldnt stay on track. I LOVED it though. Congrats and keep up the good work. I hope to do a 1/2 iron next spring or fall
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Great job! I did my 2nd tri two weeks ago- it was a 600 yd swim/ 13 mile bike/ 5K run. Lots of fun! I am going for the Olympic distance next month!! :drinker:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck to all on their Tri's. I'm doing first one of the season next sat.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thats wonderful! Glad it went well and you enjoyed it! :)
  • andyz_grrrl
    Options
    That is so awesome. My daughter is doing the IronKids triathlon in Raleigh on July 5th. It will be her first as well.