strange taco bell request

Options
Does anyone have any gross stories they can share about taco bell?? Specifically, their cheese quesadilla? I've being doing really well staying within my calorie limits, but taco bell is my weakness!!! Honestly, I'll see one coming, and before I know it, I'm in the drive-thru ordering a bean burrito and a cheese quesadilla!!! The bean burrito itself would be ok--I could probably work off the calories, but the quesadilla is AWFUL!!! I thought maybe if some ex-employees could tell me some gross stories, maybe I could keep myself from giving in?!?

Replies

• Mustlovepugs11
    Options
    I LOVE Taco Bell as well. Since I started this in January I have not gone! :grumble: I almost went this week as I was running around busy but when I checked to see how much my burrito was going to add to my calories for the day I couldn't bring myself to go! I don't think I want to hear anything bad about Taco Bell but maybe it would be a good thing! I know a while ago I was hearing about how low quality their beef is which didn't bother me since I never order anything with meat in it anyway!
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    EveryTat.jpg

This is what Taco Bell will do to you. Not only will you gain weight, but if you eat enough of it, their logo will permanently blaze itself into your skin. Hope this helps haha
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I worked there and they go on honor system. If you say that you wash your hands frequently, you dont have to wear gloves to prepare the food. So, just remember, whoever is making your quesadilla, has probably picked their nose, scratched their head (or butt) and may or may not have washed their hands after going to the bathroom.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Like everything, it all comes down to willpower. I am not a big Taco Bell person myself, but there are plenty of high calorie, high fat things I crave from time to time. I just go light in other areas and try to fit them into my calorie goals for the day, making it easy to only indulge once in a while. Every few weeks I allow myself a cheat meal, so if I was really craving Taco Bell I would get exactly what I wanted and savor every bite, then go right back to eating properly.

I have found the hardest thing with losing weight is getting a handle on the willpower issue. It's tough but you can do it!
  • kitkat1781
    Options
    I worked there and they go on honor system. If you say that you wash your hands frequently, you dont have to wear gloves to prepare the food. So, just remember, whoever is making your quesadilla, has probably picked their nose, scratched their head (or butt) and may or may not have washed their hands after going to the bathroom.

PERFECT!!! Thanks, Gale! I should have known I could count on you! :)
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine found a used condom in their food. I will NEVER eat there.
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options

That is so disgusting! I just had some crunchy tacos from there yesterday!:sick: :laugh:
  • rmrosen83
    Options
    If you check there nutritional info online you will see they have some healthier choices. For example, there soft shell chicken fresco hard tacos are only like 150 calories each.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    On a related note, I once found some weave in my sonic cherry limeade. Like a whole effing braid came out, into my drink and she just didnt notice?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I really don't like Taco Bell because the foods taste nowhere near the authentic Mexican dishes. That isn't how tacos, quesadillas & burritos are done. Honestly my own version of tacos tastes far better than Taco Bell (modesty aside).
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    EveryTat.jpg

This is what Taco Bell will do to you. Not only will you gain weight, but if you eat enough of it, their logo will permanently blaze itself into your skin. Hope this helps haha

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL INSPIRATIONAL. THANKS FOR THE GREAT POST!
  • kitkat1781
    Options
    EveryTat.jpg

This is amazing. I'm printing it out and putting on the dash in my car!!! If that doesn't deter me from pulling into the drive-thru, I don't know what will!!!
  • barb8toes
    barb8toes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    EveryTat.jpg

LOVE THIS! This is all the motivation I need!
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    EveryTat.jpg

This had me grossed out and dying laughing at the same time. I ought to print this and tape it on my dashboard to look at every time I get the craving to suddenly pull into a fast food place!!!
  • jennileeb1680
    jennileeb1680 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

you have just single handedly prevented me from EVER eating there again !! Thank you~:flowerforyou:
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I once got a chalupa with a part of a toothpick right in the middle of it. Sadly, it still didn't stop me from eating Taco Bell completely.
  • PreacherRam
    Options
    EveryTat.jpg

LOVE THIS! This is all the motivation I need!

What a picture to remind me not to go there!
  • CreepyOne
    CreepyOne Posts: 221 Member
    Options
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    ya I really needed this. I get tb for the kids and I often but eat from the fresca menu. yuck.
  • countrymom1
    countrymom1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    EveryTat.jpg

So gross .... but I don't understand why Subway is on there. I know you can order poorly at Subway, but, for the most part, it's good food. In fact, The Biggest Loser, advertises that all the time.