Foodies: How do you log tasting menus?

Options
My boyfriend and I are going to a very fancy restaurant for an early Valentine's dinner tonight. We'll probably have the prix-fixe or the chef's tasting menu. Either one is going to be multiple courses with a lot of ingredients. For example, here's the prix-fixe appetizer choices:

Roasted Beets
Brillat-Savarin, Seed Granola, Olive

Warm Cauliflower Salad
Vadouvan, Almond, Grapes

Nantucket Bay Scallop Crudo*
Grapefruit, Radish, Sesame

Torchon of Foie Gras de Canard
Quince, Tellicherry Pepper, Brioche

Is it worth it trying to log this, or should I just estimate the meal at like 1500 calories or something and forget about it? I know I'm going to go over my calories, but I think this type of splurge is totally worth it!

For what it's worth I found an article estimating that the average tasting menu is 2400 calories (gleep)
http://www.zagat.com/buzz/how-many-calories-are-in-those-epic-tasting-menus. Any ideas?

Replies

• sammybey
    sammybey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't try to log anything when I go out to eat.

A tasting menu is an experience. Just enjoy it.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I don't try to log anything when I go out to eat.

A tasting menu is an experience. Just enjoy it.

Yup. It is a once in a great while meal, you will never be able to accurately log. Consider it a cheat meal and enjoy every bite!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you truly want to enter it. You could creat recipes for all and enter a percentage to your foods. Or just say the he*l with it.
  • CassieLeigh86
    CassieLeigh86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't log the food if I do a tasting menu...mostly because I'm pretty sure it would take me several hours haha. I usually just don't "finish" my diary and go back to logging the next day. Enjoy all those delicious courses!!
  • SieSie76
    Options
    I agree with everyone. Don't log. First of all, you're out for Valentine's Day with your special someone so that alone should give you good reason NOT to log. Enjoy your day, don't worry about food or calories. It's okay to have fun once in a while. :)<3
  • fauxfatale
    fauxfatale Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Aw, thanks guys :) I had a great meal and more importantly, a great time with my boyfriend. I logged a placeholder but I am not stressing about it!