Best idea for breakie?

Options
Hi everyone

Just been wondering, as i am starting this tomorrow what does everyone have for breakfast and why?

What do u recommend

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi everyone

Just been wondering, as i am starting this tomorrow what does everyone have for breakfast and why?

What do u recommend

Eggs with a banana or oatmeal. Eggs and banana is a good combo of protein and complex carbs, oatmeal as it's healthy and quick to make.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Porridge, with whole milk and a bit of splenda.

It keeps me full for 3 hours easy
  • BajaGTO
    BajaGTO Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat a Clif Bar. 240 calories...lasts me well into lunch. My breakfast has to be 'on the go"
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It's usually instant oatmeal made with milk. Sometime I'll have a breakfast sandwich, 1 fried egg, 2% fat cheese, and 2 slices of canadian bacon.
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast this week was a smoothie and two boiled eggs...kept me full til lunch. I also like oatmeal and omelets!
  • reallifefitness
    reallifefitness Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Shakeology. It's fast, easy, and portable, it has my vitamins already in it, good combo of protein, healthy carbs, and fiber, keeps me full for hours, low in calories, made entirely from whole foods, so nothing chemical or artificial like those "meal replacements". Plus it's delicious and keeps me from craving unhealthy foods.
  • Tigerpixie87
    Options
    Shakeology. It's fast, easy, and portable, it has my vitamins already in it, good combo of protein, healthy carbs, and fiber, keeps me full for hours, low in calories, made entirely from whole foods, so nothing chemical or artificial like those "meal replacements". Plus it's delicious and keeps me from craving unhealthy foods.

What about a slim fast shake in the morning?
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Chobani greek yogurt 140 cals and sometimes I add 1/4 c. go lean crunch ceareal into it. + 50 calories.
    I also drink 1-3 cups coffee with anywhere between 1-3 tbl cream in it.

The coffee is just a vice and it gives me tons of energy for my runs, around 12pm, and the yogurt is just something I crave.
    I like breakfasts around 200 calories because I like bigger lunches and dinners.

If I occasionally want a hot breakfast I will take 2) 75 calorie pieces of toast, cut out the center with a drinking glass and fry an egg into them. Usually is around 250 calories ( I don't eat the part I cut out, sometimes ill keep it for later for a mini sandwich)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

What about a slim fast shake in the morning?

lots of sugar in those.. Nothing compared to shakeology.
  • smmiller46
    Options
    Slice of toast with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and low sugar jam and a fruit. Less than 250 calories.