Losing weight while on birth control

Options
I got up, went pee and weighed myself. The scale says I gained back the two pounds that I lost within the last two weeks. :( I did eat my exercise calories back this week, but I wonder if it is even possible to lose weight while on birth control. My weight has been going up and down, about a pound each time, and when it gets lower I put that in as my weight. :blushing: I figure birth control is what made me gain all this weight to begin with.

I guess I will have to work harder, but wondered what you all thought!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    it is definitely possible....I have been on bc for years and have been losing. losing takes time and actual changes so don't be discouraged
  • beckihadfield87
    Options
    I take BC pills and am losing weight, it is hard but I don't think it has too much to do with the pills, for me anyway!

You can do it you just have to stick at it, and think positive. I have lost 25lbs now over the last few months, so you can do it too x

P.s. I find that weighing myself no more than once a week helps - your weight does fluctuate daily, especially with all the hormones in your body from the BC!
  • llonka
    llonka Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will keep at it and hope for the best!

By the way, I have an IUD, not taking pills.
  • Magestrange
    Options
    http://finest-review.com/31-day-fat-loss-cure-review/ is a good'un for losing weight while on the pill in my opinion
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I was on implant, weightloss was hard but not impossible.

Been on POP pill since jan 2010, ive lost 68lbs so deffo do-able.
    Ive now came off, be interesting to see if any differance.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    yes its a myth that birth control makes you gain weight or hard to lose weight.

if anything it should make it easier, as it helps regulate hormones
  • Mongoose7
    Options
    yes its a myth that birth control makes you gain weight or hard to lose weight.

if anything it should make it easier, as it helps regulate hormones

I didnt know it was a myth my doctor told me i might put on weight when i started taking them about 3 years ago. Saying that i did put on a little bit weight but i think that was due to bad eating habits in the past.

I dont think personally it is any harder to loose weight being on BC iv had no problem loosing weight but thats just my experience