CRAVING CHINESE

Options
This is probably a bad idea, but I'm craving chinese take out and was wondering what some you MFPers favorite chinese meals are, be they healthy or a bit of a splurge.

Replies

• busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My have is Curry Beef with Crab Rangoon. And you're right, this was a bad idea, now you got me in here drooling....
  • Havend1
    Havend1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I usually go for steamed rice and veggies. That's prob your safest bet.
  • jfish428
    jfish428 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    if you go to rachaelrayshow.com she has a recipe for orange chicken and broccolini which is AMAZING!! I like it better than take out sometimes! I always throw in extra veggies (peppers, snap peas, broccoli, baby corn, etc).
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I get wonton soup when I go out now and a bite of my husbands. :) If I go to Panda express I will get the beef broccoli. That is usually pretty safe.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I just made "Lighter Beef Stir Fry" last night and "Brown Fried Rice". Around 400 cals total maybe. The strifry was from campbellskitchen.com and the brown fried rice from skinnytaste.com. Skinnytaste has several asian recipes that are really good. I have tried a few because I love chinese food.
  • lnicole1625
    lnicole1625 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was watching Dr. Oz the other day and this guy was on there talking about chinese food. He said if you get rice, choose only steamed since the brown is most likely fried in butter or oil. He also said that beef and Broccoli is the safest choice since the sauce is not as heavy as the others. The sodium is probably through the roof though. Panda express has spring rolls that are only like 400 calories for two. I usually get that and a side of steamed veggies. We all deserve a treat once in a while, just use portion control!