Anyone using the wii for exercise?

Options
I want to add variety to my workouts & want to stay motivated. I am currently doing Couch to 5k & on my rest days I do the 30 Day Shred. I want to also try some type of dance exercise games for Wii. I have read a lot about Zumba but I am totally uncoordinated & not sure I would like it. Can anyone recommend some dance games besides Zumba that they have had success with?

Replies

• Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
  • Charli666
    Options
    just dance, just dance 2 and 3 are fab, even i can co-ordinate it, and you can do it at your own pace and make it as hard or easy as you like :)
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thank you for replying. Do you need anything else besides the basic controller for Just Dance? Some of them require a dance mat or belt? of somekind.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I stopped using the Wii and moved to the Xbox Kinect...I found that the camera movements are far better than the wii controller and nunchuck for tracking movements.
    But, I will admit that I did like the Wii exercise pad for yoga and other balance type workout games.
    Overall, the best cardio i'm getting is from Sports/exercise games and Dance Central (1 & 2) for Xbox.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Love Dance Central for Xbox kinect. But LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba 2 for wii!!! What a blast!
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love Just Dance. It gives you work out with out feeling like it. And it is great to play with the hubby and kids. :)
  • PurpleSweetpea
    Options
    Thank you for replying. Do you need anything else besides the basic controller for Just Dance? Some of them require a dance mat or belt? of somekind.

No you don't need anything other than the controller. It's great fun and I do spend a lot of time laughing at my co-ordination (or lack of)!
  • StacyMarieDiaz
    Options
    I use the wii for exerise when I want to change up my workouts. I also use Just Dance 3 and Zumba. But I hear Zumba 2 is a lot better than the 1st one. Its fun and doesn't feel like a workout :)
  • darla100
    darla100 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Zumba for the wii..should be here next week..Im gonna get my daughter out of bed so we can do it together..I don't want my family all looking just at me! lol!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Not for serious exercise, but the wife and I do like playing Wii Sports Resort when we're too tired to do the real stuff.

Mostly our Wii is our Netflix server that keeps us sitting on our butts. :happy:
  • Spacecas
    Spacecas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use the wii..I have wii active and active more workouts..It is great..it gives me the strength training and cardio..and the routines are never the same so no getting bored with it..I love it..
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Our wii came with Just Dance 3. If you push yourself it's a pretty good workout. I'll play with the kids and they'll take turns dancing with me and I'll jog in place between songs. It's not as good a burn as running but I'll generally burn about 300 calories or a little more in 30 minutes. Plus I get to act like a complete dork with my kids.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba 2 for Wii last week and have a lot of fun with it. On my lunch hour yesterday, I did the fitness class for 45 minutes and burned over 400 calories. Plus the kids and I have a great time in the evenings. Just dance is fun, but a lot of time between songs, I only have Just Dance 1 I've heard it improved.
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have an XBOX 360 and the Zumba game is awesome! I'm super uncoordinated, but it's still fun and, more importantly, a great workout!

I used to have a Wii and I believe there are some pretty nice Biggest Loser workouts and a lot of the dancing games are fun. However, if you want a good workout, give Zumba a try. You'll love it!