Anyone on the HMR diet....?

Options
Hello,
My name is Lola, and I am on the HMR diet. I am new to this and I just thought it would be nice to reach out and find similar minded folks I can give and recieve support from. Have a great day!

Replies

• PeanutsMamaTx
    PeanutsMamaTx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Lola, I'm on the HMR diet. I was on it in the past (2004-5) and just restarted on October 19. Are you on "decision free" or "healthy solutions"? And are you medically supervised or doing the at home program? How are you liking it so far?
  • donnaferraiuolo
    donnaferraiuolo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hi what is a HMR diet
  • PeanutsMamaTx
    PeanutsMamaTx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It's a meal replacement diet for quick weight loss. See www.hmrdiet.com. It is offered through my endocrinologists office, and I'd say 98% of the overweight people that go on it for some sort of medical condition (hypertension, diabetes, etc.). Also most that go to my weight loss class (part of the program) are in their 50-70s, so a much older crowd. There aren't many of us younger folks in it.

I'm being medically supervised as I developed mild hypertension, I'm hypothyroid and I was having a hard time losing weight. We've been able to get my blood pressure under control with diet and exercise, and it returned to normal pretty much within 6 weeks or so of being on the program.
  • JenLaPointe
    Options
    I did that diet a few months ago. I lost about a pound a week. I did it for about 2mths and got tired of eating the same meals. The meals are not that good. So I found myself eating the same few meals all the time. I still do drink the shakes several times a week.
  • mllanos77
    mllanos77 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm on HMR and other foods...started Medically supervised, but transitioning to phase 2. Down 56lbs in a little under 3 months....it works, but is expensive!
  • Trojanlc75
    Trojanlc75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did HMR about a year ago and lost 50lbs easily. Their plan works, if you follow it, you will lose 2.5 to 3lbs a week. I was on Healthy Solutions and actually found the meals and shakes to be quite good. But than again I could eat the same thing for every meal and not complain.

HMR was great for me as I am the only person in my household. It costs about $90 per week. Veggies and fruits to supplement run about $20. But that is all your food, no fast food, no eating out, and you lose weight. Not expensive.

I am back on it and struggling a little but the 170s are always hard for me. I know it will work if I follow the program.