This struck me today... thought I'd share

Options
2»

Replies

• cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear about the ear infection, but such a cute story. I love the "moon apples."
  • kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    Speaking about Moon Apples, My fiance and I went for a 60 minute walk last night. Afterwards, she wanted to go to McD's for a good job snack, so we went. My treat was the Carmel Hot Chocolate, hers was water and 2 bags of Moon Apples with Carmel dipping sauce. As we were leaving, she looked in the bag and pulled out 4 bags of Moon Apples with no dipping sauce...LMAO. Seems like someone is trying to tell her/me that we need more healthier options than the Carmel...lol
  • reallifefitness
    reallifefitness Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to lead by example, mom! :happy:
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I feel for you! I totally remember the ear infection days. I feel for the kids too because i know they are really painful.

I bet you are rubbing off on them, good choice apples over french fries!
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    This is awesome.
  • PrfctGdess
    Options
    Boo for ear infections and no sleep, but yay for good parenting!! :) You're not only doing something healthy for yourself, but you're setting your kids up to have a healthier lifestyle from the start, so double kudos to you!!!

I have to admit that this has been part of my motivation as well. My boys are 4.5, 3. and 1.5 and have never been picky eaters, but I love that they're seeing Daddy and I eat better. My 4 yr old asks all the time if a certain food is healthy. They've also noticed that I work out more (I work from home, so they're with me every day). They've always been active and definitely don't need to watch their weights, but I love that they're already associating exercise with living a healthy lifestyle. Plus, I come from a long line of family obesity, and I love that the cycle is breaking HERE.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Children learn best by example... you are obviously giving them a great example. You should be proud.

In my household my 17 year old doesn't think I am normal and my 15 yr old says I am not allowing them to be teenagers and eat all the junk food they wish to eat, lol
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful. Do hope you get some sleep soon. I know how hard it is to have sick kiddos in the house, as I have a sick 7.5 month old in the house right now. My almost 6 year old is doing the same thing. He's picked up on my change in diet and has now added even more fruits and veggies than he was eating before. I'm so proud of him. And I'm slowly changing my hubby's diet, just not telling him about it. He doesn't think he needs to change his diet around, and he hasn't seemed to notice the changes either.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Anyone know if this works for teenagers? LOL

it does!! Finally...After about three years of me doing it and nothing rubbing off, this site actually did the trick! They love technology, and have been doing this for a month now - actually lost about 8 lbs of Christmas weight each in the process too....
  • SerenityJA
    Options
    thanx so much 4 sharing!
    our offspringz will follow our wayz not our wordz!
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Love this!!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Love, love love!!!! Enjoy it! A year ago my daughter hate water. Now, she will sip my water and go, "Ah... delicious!" Kids learn from us adults, so when you make the right choices, they follow suit, so you're doing a GREAT job yourself. :D
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My kids are the same way, love the apples..hate the fries. lol. I don't think I would ever be able to get them to not want the chocolate milk though. It's alright though because they don't drink it everyday, so it's a treat, same as going to McDonalds. I think for kids, it's all about moderation. They eat a few things each day that they shouldn't, but they also have a very well balanced dinner every night. Keep up the great work, from what it sounds like, you are doing a wonderful job parenting your children and teaching them good nutrition by example!! Hope everyone starts feeling better soon!
  • TSTagain
    TSTagain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I had a similar experience this morning - my daughter asked for regular milk in lunch box for preschool, because chocolate milk is "desert".
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot they always included the Caramel dipping sauce with the apples. My kids tried the sauce once and have never asked for it again. They just eat the apples straight from the bag :) At home, they sometimes dip the apples into the chocolate PB2 powder. So good.... can you tell it's my favorite snack?
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    It might be worthwhile checking if your 2yr old has allergies. Allergies can cause inflammation or swelling in the nose, airways and eustacian tube (connects inner ear with the back of your nose/throat.) If this inflammation is present, the infection can't drain from the inner eat. Hope this helps.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!