P90X - Round 1 - Starting Feb 1st - Anybody else

Options
I am going to be starting round 1 of P90X tomorrow (Feb 1st).
Anybody else starting tomorrow?

Jim

Replies

• valewis82
    valewis82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to get back to P90x for a while now...I am starting tomorrow too! Good luck!
  • gruler
    gruler Posts: 11
    Options
    bump
  • strettop
    Options
    What is P90X?
  • gruler
    Options
    It's a home fitness program the helps get you in the best shape of your life.
    You can find more info out about it at http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do
    I have not yet done it, but am looking forward to starting it.
    I have been working up to the program because I hear it is pretty tough.

Jim
  • Gigitanjun
    Gigitanjun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I might start trying to do some P90X . I hear it's very intense.
    I walking , jogging now as a start. I need motivation
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this weekend! I have completed Turbo Fire and Insanity. P90X is my next mission!
  • gruler
    Options
    Awesome, you are an animal.
  • gruler
    Options
    Day 1 Round 1 completed.
    I know I am gonna feel it tomorrow.
    Really struggled with a couple exercises, the pullup/chinups in particular.
    And those heart pushups are crazy hard.
    Looks easy when watching them do it on TV.
  • gruler
    Options
    Day 2 - Round 1 - Complete

Did Plyometrics.
    Started out ok, but definitely couldn't keep up at the end.
    Muscles were more tired out than I was winded.
    I guess that is good.
    Looking forward to see my progress over the course of the next 88 days.
  • gruler
    Options
    Day 3 - Round 1 - Complete

Did Shoulders and Arms today. Not too bad. Need to add a bit more weight next time.
    Since I wasn't able to do Ab Ripper X on Wednesday, today was my first day of that.
    OMG, that is killer. I couldn't do half of it. WOW. Definitely to work more on that.

Yoga X tomorrow, not sure I can get the whole 1.5 hours in, but I will try.
  • gruler
    Options
    Days 4-6, Finished week 1.
    Ended up skipping Yoga X. I was slammed the entire day and didn't want to shift the entire schedule.
    Legs and Back on day 5 were good.
    I liked Kenpo X, but couldn't do some of the stretching at the beginning.
    I am down about 1 lb, which is what I was shooting for using the MFP Food Diary. So that's good.
    Now that I know what to expect, I am looking forward to week 2.
  • gruler
    Options
    Days 1 and 2 of week 2....
    Definitely bringing it more this 2nd week, now that I know the exercises.
    Can't quite keep up with Tony and the kids, but trying to.
    The Ab Ripper X is brutal, I can only do about 10 to their 25, but gonna keep pushing to get to 25.
    Sore in general, but not horribly so, means I am pushing my muscles... ALL GOOD.
    Been eating pretty health too, except for the Super Bowl party and one other night.

Day 3 tomorrow, Shoulders and Arms.
  • gruler
    Options
    Day 3 - Week 2
    Brought it today.
    Trying to push my weights up to where I am just barely able to do 8-10 reps.
    Accomplished that today.
    Sore from yesterday and am sure I will be from today.
    Up to 12 reps each on Ab Ripper X
    Gained a little weight, but that is probably due to fluid retention from the soreness.

Yoga X tomorrow, this will be my first time doing it... a little concerned about my yoga abilities.
    But going to do it anyway. Keep pushing play.
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great job! I've done 2 rounds and LOVE it. I'm currently doing PUMP and am really enjoying that!
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't have anywhere to put the pull up bar - would that be a deal breaker for this programme?
    (Not that I think I could do even one pull up right now.)
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I don't have anywhere to put the pull up bar - would that be a deal breaker for this programme?

You can use resistance bands with a door attachment and do lat pull downs instead of pull ups. Not quite as effective, but works the same muscle groups.
  • dreweth
    dreweth Posts: 23 Member
    Options

There is a pull-up bar that attaches in about two seconds to any door frame, it is what I use. I can't do any unassisted pull-ups yet, but I am getting more and more reps with the chair assist, and that's progress!

I have Yoga X today, but I am waiting until my Heart Rate Monitor shows up later today so I can log that activity best.

To those doing P90X, are you tracking your reps and weights on the lifting days? If so, are you using the printable sheets?

I found an app for my Kindle Fire (any android would work) that has the trackers for the workouts which helps get rid of the paperwork.
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thank you - probably all I can manage to start with!

You can use resistance bands with a door attachment and do lat pull downs instead of pull ups. Not quite as effective, but works the same muscle groups.
  • ahyland1
    ahyland1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just bought my P90X2....It just came in the mail last night so between it, my new gym membership and some groupon pole dancing classes (for fun) I'm going to get busy on the fitness! :)
  • bored4long
    bored4long Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting P90x next Monday (February 13th). I've started familiarizing myself with the workouts this week. Did the Chest/Back, Arms/Shoulders, and Ab Ripper X so far. I am still trying to figure out a solution for pullups. Right now I'm using resistance bands. I realized I need more resistance for the pulldowns and will be getting these in the mail on Saturday which will give 100 pounds resistance when stacked: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HE204E/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details.

I'm hoping to convert my garage into a workout area this weekend because I learned this week that carpet is terrible for P90x. I also learned resistance bands are way too much of a PITA for the Arms/Shoulders workout. I really want to get some weights for the arm workouts.

Still, excited to officially start. I will be following the Classic schedule. Are you following the Fat Shredder diet plan?