fat around mid section

Options
I recently went to get my mamogram down, and the technician says to me - do you work out, and I said yeah...she then said, well I can see your stomach muscles...I couldn't believe it, so I asked her where, and sure enough, it was there. NSV :noway: , however, my mid section doesn't show AT all, instead, its surrounded by fat.??? UGH...i know, i know just keep pushing, at this rate i don't think i'll have see anything around there. :sad:

Replies

• vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    I recently went to get my mamogram down, and the technician says to me - do you work out, and I said yeah...she then said, well I can see your stomach muscles...I couldn't believe it, so I asked her where, and sure enough, it was there. NSV :noway: , however, my mid section doesn't show AT all, instead, its surrounded by fat.??? UGH...i know, i know just keep pushing, at this rate i don't think i'll have see anything around there. :sad:

What does your exercise routine look like? Maybe some of the personal trainers on here could suggest something new to amp up your fat burning. Although, I think you're right, it takes time.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I am curious too. I have been looking at swimsuits online and took my measurements. My waist is only 3" smaller than my hips (w-32, h-35). Are there exercises that can target the mid section so I look less like a stick? My chest (with a bra on) is 39" so I kind of feel like a stick with a wad of bubble gum on top lol
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am curious too. I have been looking at swimsuits online and took my measurements. My waist is only 3" smaller than my hips (w-32, h-35). Are there exercises that can target the mid section so I look less like a stick? My chest (with a bra on) is 39" so I kind of feel like a stick with a wad of bubble gum on top lol

LOL nice visual!

I currently do kickboxing three or four times, then started the jillian michaels 30 day shred..and I am also doing strength training. My shoulders and arms are starting to look define, but my abs/chest, lower stomach haven't gone down at all, nor has the inches!! No matter how much i sweat, do crunches, or cardio! I just feel like i am bloated all the time. And I drink a TON of water
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    The mid section is usually the last place it's going to come off. If you are starting to get definition, then just keep plugging away at it. You know. You know. It will come. :)

Now. The bloated feeling is definitely diet related. I'd look at your macros or maybe some food sensitivities.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I think pilates has helped my stomach area quite a bit, but you have to have overall fat-burning and a clean DIET.
    Very depressing:( I think I may have to give up sugar to get there. I feel like I'm at the point where only something extreme will ever get my stomach to where it would look good in a bikini. But then again, sometimes I wonder why I need to wear a bikini. Maybe I can stick with my tankini and have a cookie once in awhile:)