Stuck in the 140"s 20LBS to go....uggg.

Options
Well, I'm new here looking for help,in losing weight, you can add me if you'd like..I've been stuck in my 140's forever..it's driving me crazy!!! I am hoping for success, any suggestions?? I track everything..

Replies

• kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know exactly how you feel, I have been stuck in the 140's for sometime, going up and down. I lost 28lbs last year, but put 7lbs back on over the winter, so I joined here 3 weeks ago. I found that going back to basics was what has really helped me, weighing everything as over time my portions had got slightly bigger, mixed up my exercise, I used to run 3-4 times per week 3-4 miles each time. I have now joined a gym and am doing more resistance work and using other cardio machines to try and kick start my last bit off weight off of my butt.
    I want to get to 133lbs which will be lowest for many years, only 12lbs to go, so i'm hopeful I can do that this year.

Feel free to add me as a freind and we can support each other along the way.
  • jcharlotte
    jcharlotte Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thats a good idea weighing my food!! Thanks..I have caught myself snacking a lot!!! My son has been home sick this week so its been even worse..144 seems to be my cursed number.. I measure my cereal every morning..then after that lunch I hit a wall..hmmm...I feel great at 124-126..oh how I miss my blue jeans:(
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am also stuck in the 140's. I fluctuate 4 or 5 pounds, so I think this is where my body is at its most comfortable, but I want to get in the upper 130's.

My problem is also portion control, so thanks for suggesting weighing food. That should be a huge challenge for me though, I have a massive appetite. I love food so much and the older I get the worse my sweet tooth is getting.

Feel free to add me too, we're kind of in the same boat!
  • jcharlotte
    Options
    Oh the sweet tooth, and for me snacking especially at night..just awful, if I had my way and just had a moment to dream I would live somewhere warm, and ride my bicycle on beautiful trails and play tennis every day....I love the out doors..the smell of fresh flowers, a garden growing in the back yard with basil & thyme..fresh tomatoes for salsa....(like in the movie It's Complicated)
    okay, I'm awake now..we have snow on the way and its 20 degrees right now, and my dog lou just ran down the street so I had to chase him down in my house coat, my teen is home sick...but thats part of life..what I wouldn't do to be 21, warm, and thin..but a girl can dream can't she??
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    Maybe you can kick up the moderate excercise a little bit. Adding a brisk 15 minute walk or spending 15 minutes doing a light dumbbell workout might be just enough to do the trick. Good luck!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    OP, I took a quick look at your diary (hope you don't mind since you're asking for suggestions :-) ) and I see you don't always eat your exercise calories. I've eaten mine this entire time and I have never stalled in weightloss for longer than a week (and that was explained due to water retention from bumping up my exercise, and promptly fell back off the scale w/in a couple of days). I would suggest starting to eat at least a portion of your exercise calories each day (no 500 left at the end of the day) and see what happens. It will *not* make you gain weight since your calorie goal is set to help you lose weight even if you don't exercise, so really there's not much risk involved. If you have to go by gym machine estimates or MFP estimates, you might want to try only eating like 50% just to be safe in case they are over-estimated. If you use a HRM or bodybugg/bodymedia/etc, you might be able to be a little more confident and eat a higher percentage or all of them. I use a HRM and eat all of my exercise calories (most days, sometimes I may have 100-200 left at the end of the day but I normally make up for that within a few days by eating higher than goal on a different day) and my results have been fantastic thus far - only 8 lbs away from my ultimate goal and no stalls. :-)

Also, give it some time. Less than a week is a little fast for some people to start seeing results. :-)
  • allykins33
    Options
    Hang in there! If you have been doing resistence training for 3 weeks, you are probably gaining muscle and losing fat, your weight will eventually reflect that. It's a struggle. I can't wait to be in the 140's again. It's been a long time. I lost 60 lbs last year and have kept it off for the most part until Christmas. I am a batter, dough, and icing eater. I put back on about 10 lbs, but have been literally working my hiney off to get it gone! I have started taking a body sculpt class and zumba. It's fun and incorporates cardio and resistance workouts. Good luck!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm stuck at 137---since mid December. Feel free to add me. I still want to lose another 12lbs.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I was stuck around 132-135# for MANY months. I was there from October until January. Once I got down into the lower 130's, I didn't feel so compelled to push myself to get to my goal weight (which is 124#) like I did when I was in the 150's. I quit working out and only continued to eat right. The middle of January I decided I was tired of not seeing the scale moving and started doing morning exercises again - then the scale started moving again. I am now only 2# from my goal. I picked up The Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD and to be honest, at level 1, I am SORE. I did manage to go down 5# in just a few weeks. When you get stuck at a plateau, change up what you are doing a little. I started doing more core exercises and added hand weights.
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that I have been able to go from 140 to 112 since September. I think the thing that has made the biggest difference for me is not having any foods 'off limits'. I have never allowed myself to eat what I want and knowing that I will be logging it keeps me from going overboard. I also exercise a lot more than ever (ususally for selfish reasons like a glass or two of wine!). Feel free to add me if you would like, I am staying on MFP to keep my self in check as I work on toning up.
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Loved see this thread, I was stuck in the low 150's for awhile and now I seem to be stuck in the low 140's.... Seems like my body just fights to go to the next set of 10's. I definaltey still have weight to lose, mostly in my mid-section. With a medium frame I should be 124-138 and I weighed in at 143.8 this morning. I have been all the way down to 130.9 Summer of 2010.. (of course I had gained a bunch of weight back which I am losing now :)
  • jenni128
    jenni128 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello, feel free to add (anyone). I had been stuck at 150 to 157 for about three months last year, then I bought a house and got spontaneously married (we have been together for over a year but decided to elope the weekend after we signed the mortgage agreement). And the stress helped me over the magic #150 to a very happy 145. But now after the holidays are over, the house is ours, and the honeymoon stage is setting in and I want to lose those magic 25 lbs before summer. I have been on here a while now and I really wasn't committed. I am now! We have a cruise booked for the end of summer and I AM GOING TO WEAR A BIKINI! So feel free to add, I love giving support and I like to hear what others are doing with their diets and exercise plans.
  • julie864
    Options
    I just signed up. Im stuck at 170 and need to get to my normal size 8 body at 150 lbs. Im trying to loose 2 lbs a week in time for June 1==thats 20 weeks. Im now counting calories and working out 45 minutes in the gym and trying to step it up to an hour then eventually an hour and a half
  • birdieintx
    Options
    I have so been here! Last spring I was trying to get into the low 130s and I could not get the scale past 140 to save my life! I finally saw 139 when I broke my wrist and couldn't keep up the exercising I was doing. Now I'm pushing to get back in the 140s but I really hope I don't plateau there again!
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm also stuck in the 140-150 rut. I make it worse by looking at different scales which only vary between 2-3 lbs. Double the discouragement!

I could use some friends to drag me out of this...so add me and let's do it together!
  • jcharlotte
    Options
    I really love everyones reply's, THANK YOU!! ..It makes you think that your not alone..It's a little strange, that my calories went to negative but that wasn't until I entered my exercise at the end of the day..strange..the calories set for me was 1200...by MFP..so I ate over that obviously..I did walk & jog 10 miles yesterday..I made my journal public, for every one to see, for help along the way.
    Food for thought- I gave up soda one month ago yesterday, what I got from this is....a flatter stomach..no kidding..but its true..a new found energy, and I traded milk for unsweetened almond milk 35calories. Don't get me wrong I loved my COKE!! WAY to much though...but you would think I already new this right..why..because
    I actually studied nutrition in school--no kidding some might say, but we all lose our way..
  • jcharlotte
    Options
    I completely here you!!! The moment I see 139 I'm gonna scream from the top of my lungs!! So what ever you do don't give up we will triumph!