clothing sizes--not losing enough sizes?

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I have heard and seen various places women who went from XX size to X size with their poundage lost also mentioned. They seem to lose many sizes in clothing as they lose pounds. So, why am I not doing that? I have lost 65 pounds. I went from a size 22/24 to a size 14/16. That's it. I know I still have quite a bit to lose, but that doesn't seem like that much to me.

Replies

• ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I was told that the rule is approximately 12 pounds per size and have always found that to be fairly close. Some of it will also depend on how your weight is distributed and where you're losing it. I think you're pretty on track and doing awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    What do you mean!?!?!? That is incredible girl!!! That's an amazing change! You went from Plus Sized to "regular". I say congratulations!
    :flowerforyou:
  • hushmonkey1234
    Options
    :noway: You have made amazing progress!!! I would love to be a 14!!!! I hope someday I will be able to reach that point!!! Keep up the good work!:drinker:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I personally have lost 21 pounds and nothing as far as pants size....my bra is more comfy, I seem to be missing a roll around my bra, my ring finger is smaller.....I don't look any different to me......argh.......

I am with ya
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    ARE YOU KIDDING??? Sixty something lbs is INCREDIBLE!!! I've lost 25 lbs so far and (if my boobs weighed anything to begin with) lost alot in my boobs FIRST. I have also dropped a jean size, maybe two (depending on brand, ect.).
  • chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    well im just about to hit 10 pounds and havent noticed a difference at all in my clothes really. ill probably have to lose 20 pounds before i notice a difference at all
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Send me your old pants!!! heheh

Seriously though- you're doing a great job and it's inspiring. That's a TON of weight.

Try taking your biggest jeans that you used to wear and lay them on the bed. Now find your new pair of skinny jeans and lay them on top of the old jeans. Take a real look at the difference- it might surprise you :flowerforyou:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I guess I should stop complaining then. :wink: Thanks, everyone! Sometimes you just need someone else to tell you you're doing well. I'm so ready for single digit clothes, but I know that will happen closer to my goal weight.

Good luck to everyone!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have heard and seen various places women who went from XX size to X size with their poundage lost also mentioned. They seem to lose many sizes in clothing as they lose pounds. So, why am I not doing that? I have lost 65 pounds. I went from a size 22/24 to a size 14/16. That's it. I know I still have quite a bit to lose, but that doesn't seem like that much to me.

Perspective....

YOU=14,16,18,20,22,24

ME=8,10,12,14,16

I have lost 8 pounds less than you and this is the comparison of size changes.

You are BURNING it UP!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I guess I should stop complaining then. :wink: Thanks, everyone! Sometimes you just need someone else to tell you you're doing well. I'm so ready for single digit clothes, but I know that will happen closer to my goal weight.

Good luck to everyone!

--singledigit clothes? :laugh: i'm still in dbl digits and don't expect it to change for a while. it so much has to do with where your wt is.
    for me what's frustrating is that i have seen changes in the mirror and w/clothes but not in pictures of me. i still look like lumpamom. :grumble:

congratulations on your success thus far! :flowerforyou: