Ideas for high protein foods?

Options
I try to eat as much meat and fish/tuna that I can stand. What are some other foods that contain protein? I am also considering a supplement.

Replies

• eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Eggs!
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Peanuts and peanut butter:)
  • chefanie85
    Options
    Most beans are high in protein, the down side is that they're also higher in calories.
  • code156
    Options
    Snack n lunch tuna, mini babybell cheese, skim milk, cottage cheese, greek yogurt. Im a dairy fan, what can I say?
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    nuts, greek yogart, cottage cheese... check out this webpage I had found ...it has protein count for everything

http://www.highproteinfoods.net/
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, shrimp, protein bars, protein powders, etc. Feel free to look at my diary for more ideas!
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    legumes, quinoa (really awesome grain!), almond butter, hempseed butter, cashews/nuts, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    chicken breast, lean meats and fish, dairy products
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    chicken!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    chicken!

This
    White meat chicken is essentially all protein!!
  • AdamKays
    Options
    chicken!

This
    White meat chicken is essentially all protein!!

The cheap bag of lean chicken at Walmart has about 40+g for 8 oz!
  • msjenjenp
    Options
    Edamame
    Tofu
    Cottage Cheese
    Yogurt
    Parmesan Cheese
    Quinoa
    Oatmel
    Nuts and Nut Butters
    Beans and Lentils
    Ezekial Bread
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    tofu, greek yogurt
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Chobani 2% or FF greek yogurts have 13-15g protein per serving, which is a whopping 20%-25% for the average person!!! And it tastes pretty good too... :)
  • Dbaratta1
    Options
    I drink Raw Protein, it is plant based (I'm allergic to soy) and low cal low carb. It taste nasty so you need to get creative with it. I try to drink it every day, I do 1.5 scoops and that always puts me over my protein for the day. :o) (along with my other foods of course)
  • lnicole1625
    lnicole1625 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Now I have some new ideas. I have never had tofu before, what does it taste like?
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Chicken, Lean Ground Turkey, Nuts, Salmon and most importantly WHEY PROTEIN SHAKES! That't what my diet consists of. I work out a TON so I need the extra protein to help recover. I noticed a difference almost immediately when I started drinking protein shakes after each work out. I wake up not feeling as sore (even though I'm working even harder). I'm a firm believer in a 40-30-30 Protein/Carbs/Fat diet.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    bump
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Now I have some new ideas. I have never had tofu before, what does it taste like?

It tastes like whatever you cook it in. If you don't naturally like it (and many don't), you can experiment with ways to cook and marinate it to make it more enjoyable. The key is to add flavor to it, not just let it go with its own flavor.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Nothing. THink of it as a sponge for whatever you plan to flavor it with.