coffee postings

Options
Do any of you who drink coffee track it also in your food diary???
I use truvia instead of sugar and 1% milk instead of cream ... should I track this.

Replies

• marquesajen
    Options
    I would, just so you have a record.
  • LotsOtots5
    Options
    I do. Cause I put 1/2 and 1/2 and two teaspoons of sugar in it ;) I have probably 4-5 cups a day.... I should probably cut back...
  • katsmit2
    Options
    I do track my coffee intake. I have switched to splenda, but still gotta have my creamer! I usually have 2 cups per day, which adds up to quite a few calories.
  • NicVino
    Options
    Yes, I do. I scanned my coffee can and my milk/cream, then changed the servings to what I actually use. It makes a big difference!
    I never realized (before MFP) that I had 52 calories in 6oz of coffee! (7 cal for the coffee, and 45 cal for 3 tbsp of cream).
  • renu74
    renu74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do, every day..
  • kirstenleo
    kirstenleo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yep do it...keeps you in the know and and logging everything is a good habit
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I do because I put a bit of sugar and some milk into it. (Yes, I measure both.) If I drank it black, like I do tea, I probably wouldn't bother unless I really wanted to keep a record of caffeine intake.
  • carlageek
    carlageek Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't track coffee because I drink it black, though it probably adds up to about 30 calories per day because I drink a lot of it!

However: if you are putting 1% milk in it, I would DEFINITELY recommend track it. That is calories, fat, and protein you want included in your diary.
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I do not track my coffee. I drink in black and figure the calories are minimal. If I add cream I most definitely track that.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Coffee actually has a few calories on it's own. And protein!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I don't track the coffee, just what I put in it.
  • heidi2004
    heidi2004 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have just a 1/2 a shot of milk an it says it about 20-30 cal depending on the size.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it with cream, and I always put that in. Now I drink it black (one cup, mornings only), so I don't log it at all.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I track just what I put in it, not the coffee itself
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I sure do! It's interesting to see the difference in calories when I have my regular black coffee during the week compared to my Friday latte. :) Keeps things real and in perspective for me. I try to put just about everything on my diary because I'm still in the learning process regarding my diet. I want this to be a forever change so seeing the down and dirty numbers (good or not) is what is helping me come to terms with what I'm doing right or what needs to change.
  • KarenGee1978
    Options
    I always track my coffee and every drink I intake into my log. I have now cut back from 3 cups of coffee to 1. My first reason being is creamer is fattening and BOB from biggest loser said on average if every person drank 1 cup of coffe cream and sugar each of them gains about 3 pounds every year. So now i drink mine with half the creamer i used to use (1 tbs) and no sugar. So it is 2 calories for black coffee and with my creamer that is sugar free it 17 calories a day. My opinion you should log it all just because it helps you find your propblem areas quicker, al least it did for me.
  • tracyjaynie
    tracyjaynie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks you all for all the input. I will definitely track my coffee.... :wink: