Overcoming a Stall

Options
Okay, okay, confession time. I've been in the 133-135 range for about 6 weeks now and I am sick of it. I've so far on MFP lost about 70lbs and I want to lose another 10ish but no matter what I do, it doesn't drop off. I eat more, I gain wait (anything above 1300 I seem to gain?), I go under my calories for a day or two, I maintain. I suffered from EDNos and still do, and at one point was restricting to 300 calories a day for a period of about 4ish months. Has that effected my weightloss/ability to overcome this plateau? Can anybody recommend some specific calorie zigzagging or helpful sites?

Thank you!

Replies

• littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Anybody?
  • subigirl
    subigirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating at least your BMI every day in calories. Don't stagger, like eating less one day and more the next. Try to hit it as exactly as you can every day. Make sure you get no more than 40% of your calories from carbs, and no less than 35% of your calories from protein...having these macronutrients out of balance could also cause issues.

You didn't say what kind of exercise you are doing. Try intervals if you aren't doing so already. On the elliptical, bike, or treadmill, go at a pace where you can still barely hold a conversation for 3-4 minutes, then go into crazy mode and work out as hard as you can for 1-2 minutes. Repeat this cycle for 30-45 minutes, then cool down. I was in a stall for 6 months...losing and gaining the same 3 lbs. I started doing intervals, and kicked out of my stall.
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry :( , that really sucks. restricting your calories to 300 could have slowed your metabolism, but it is not permanently damaged. From what I have read, what they call starvation mode is just the slowing of your metabolism. I believe the way to kick start it is to up calories. R u exercising? If so, do you eat your exercise calories?
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    If you open up your diary we might have some suggestions-- other than that...... Are you eating back your exercise calories? Are you eating clean? How's your sodim levels?
    Your body may just really want to hang onto some weight. I know where you want to end up on the scale, but maybe focus on different goals for a few weeks- exercising daily, drinking water, eating clean?
  • littleali
    Options
    I've opened up my diary for people to see because this morning I woke up and have apparently GAINED 1.6lbs.
    I am so frustrated. I've been the same weight for 2 months now and need some help, PLEASE??

In terms of exercise I run 2-3 miles 5/6 days a week and do strength 3 times a week.

I know eating more will help me lose but I ate 1200ish calories yesterday and ended up 1.6lbs heavier...imagine what eating 1400 would do!
  • littleali
    Options
    bump!
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am in no position to help you I just wanted to say I feel for you, good luck
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It is impossible for you to gain 1.6 lbs of fat overnight. That would mean you ate an excess of 4400 calories yesterday, on top of your normal BMR. Its either a silly scale or water weight.

You really ought to try eating more for 2-3 weeks. I might even recommend hiding the scale from yourself for the duration. I am not sure why a poster above said not to zigzag your calories but it does work for alot of people.

Also, you have gone from 202 lbs to 130 something? That is crazy awesome! You do need to keep in mind, thought, that the closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it is to come off. Maybe instead of worrying about the # on the scale, you can focus on strength training more. There is a couple different ladies on here that gained 5-10lbs back from their lowest goal weight and look much thinner and fit. I wish I had their user names so you could look them up. You can find them in the forums though. I'll see if I can get them for you.