wii fit scales?

sean93
sean93 Posts: 109
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
does anyone use them?
because i have two other sets of scales and they always say the same whereas on the wii fit i always weigh 2-3 lbs more

any ideas?

Replies

• Pookaduke
    Pookaduke Posts: 5
    I would trust your scales at home, not your wii scale... although if it's really something you want to be sure about I bet you can pop into your local doctors office and tell them you'd like to borrow their scale for a sec and I bet they wouldn't mind at all. Mine doesn't at least... :D
  • vickyclare96
    vickyclare96 Posts: 124 Member
    Well, i was going mad because my scales at home had stopped working due to running out of battery and i couldn't find the right battery ANYWHERE! :mad: :mad: then yesterday i went round to my friend's and she has a wii fit.. I thought "oh I could weigh myself on here"; the previous weight i had been was 11.5 stone (161 pounds) and this was around 2 weeks ago :cry: so i stepped onto the scale exspecting of lost around 5 pounds; when I imputed how much my clothes were (+4lb because of heavy jumper and jeans + belt) it said i was 10 stone 10 pounds :smile: :smile: :smile: :happy: :happy: :happy: does this mean it is saying it's heavier then I am? if so woooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
    Vicky :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    does anyone use them?
    because i have two other sets of scales and they always say the same whereas on the wii fit i always weigh 2-3 lbs more

any ideas?

My scale, the Dr's scale, AND the Wii Fit scale are all within a pound of each other. So, I think the Wii Fit scale is pretty darned accurate. :smile:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    My wii fit scale is the same as my home scale which is the same as my doctor's.
  • sean93
    sean93 Posts: 109
    ok
    so does anyone know when it actually weighs you then, is it the bit where a blue ball bounces around or is it when you have to stand still while it says measuring?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    ok
    so does anyone know when it actually weighs you then, is it the bit where a blue ball bounces around or is it when you have to stand still while it says measuring?

While it's "measuring" I imagine. Someone on MFP said that an electrical pulse goes up and down your body.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    does anyone use them?

any ideas?

when your weighing yourself....is the wii fit on a carpet or rug? or is it on a flat floor?....i find all scales work better on a flat florr vs. carpet
  • kazbo69
    kazbo69 Posts: 1
    Hi - I weighed myself on the scales in Boots and when I got home and went on the wii scales they were correct!! I will certainly be using the wii scales in future :happy:
This discussion has been closed.