what more can i do, pleas help

Options
I am twenty years old and i've been on this diet where i eat 5-6 small meals a day , they only thing i have been drinking is lemon water. i have been taking acaiberry diet pills for about four days and i am going to start a colon cleanse this weekend. In highschool my senior year i weighed 155-160 now i weigh 213 which is the biggest i have ever been, i have been doing 60 situps/crunches daily with leg squats and stair climbs and i take the stairs and long way around at school. WHAT ELSE CAN DO!

Replies

• Melanie12081
    Options
    Cardio. And more cardio. And more Cardio...
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    Do you do any real cardio? Sit ups won't help you burn fat. What do you eat?
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Cardio is a good start! Also, try drinking more water. It truly helps!
  • cooter2533
    Options
    First off cardio is great for heart health and you can burn off a fair amount of calories if it is done long enough or intense enough, that being said weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise. Eating 5-6 small meals a day mean nothing of you are not on a a calorie deficit. Also you don't have to way 5-6 small meals a day. U can eat 3 meals 2 meals and a snack whatever gets you through the day. People think that you have to do a ton of cardio to lose weight and that is just downright not true. It's all about diet and proper nutrition. I do 0-30 Mon of cardio a WEEK and have been consistently losing. Find exercise you find fun no mater what it is and eat a calorie deficit and u will lose weight.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at this? You have to give it time!
  • Jessika_witha_k
    Options
    Cardio.
    Patience.
    Healthy food.
  • Melanie12081
    Options
    First off cardio is great for heart health and you can burn off a fair amount of calories if it is done long enough or intense enough, that being said weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise. Eating 5-6 small meals a day mean nothing of you are not on a a calorie deficit. Also you don't have to way 5-6 small meals a day. U can eat 3 meals 2 meals and a snack whatever gets you through the day. People think that you have to do a ton of cardio to lose weight and that is just downright not true. It's all about diet and proper nutrition. I do 0-30 Mon of cardio a WEEK and have been consistently losing. Find exercise you find fun no mater what it is and eat a calorie deficit and u will lose weight.

He's right, you don't HAVE to do cardio to lose weight...an overall calorie deficit is the only way to lose. But I don't want to sit around on my butt waiting twice as long for the weight to come off, so I get my butt off the couch and do cardio. :) And it doesn't have to be intense...I walk a treadmill on a 10% grade (speed between 2.7-3.0) for 30 minutes at lunch every day and burn only about 50 calories less than the days I go run a mile at the park. That's an extra few hundred calories I wouldn't have burned if I was letting my diet do all the work. My energy stays up, my metabolism keeps burning - and it's a productive step in helping your body burn off the fat.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Also, dropped the pills and cleanse, they don't do anything.. especially for longterm results. There is always a good chance you are not eating enough. So lets start simple with that question.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Start with walking... it's what I started with (last January) and from there I increased it as I got fitter...
  • keylaprimadonna
    Options
    I am only eating 1200-1250 calories daily and i am eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, and no fried foods mainly baked. i do, do some cardio i take a walking and jogging class at my college
  • marquesajen
    Options
    More cardio. You need to do a balance of both and make sure whatever, however many meals you eat that you are eating good, healthy foods.