Friends in their 40's

Options
I would love to have some friends in their 40's, younger ones also. Figured ones in their 40's could give advice on losing weight, getting back in shape. After all trying now days at 45, is a lot harder than being in your 20's or 30's. :drinker:

Replies

• pearsj
    pearsj Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Neighbor - I live in Texas too. It is definitely harder in your 40's. I'm 48 and trying to lose about 45-50 pounds. I have been doing this for since 2/1 and have lost about 2 pounds. Really struggling and could use a friend for motivation as well.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friends! I'm 43 and have been on here a couple months but finally got serious and started my Revolution on February 1st. I know it's not going to be quick or easy but it's about time.
  • pearsj
    pearsj Posts: 14
    Options
    Do I need to do something to add you as my friend? I usually log everything on my phone - but I'm on the computer today.
  • DawnStott
    Options
    I'm in my 40's and YES much harder the older you get. I've found this place to be a great inspiration! I'm looking forward to where this change takes me. Put in the time and the effort for YOU everyday and your body and mind with thank you for it!!

LADIES we can do this -- we deserve this! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • tsutlick
    Options
    Being in our 40's definitely makes it tougher, but not impossible!

Hi, I'm Terry... I'll be 42 in April and I'm trying to lose about 50 pounds by July. My wife and I have a friend that's a local radio personality here in the La Crosse, WI area. Ben (the DJ) posted on Facebook to see if anyone was interested in a "Weight Loss Challenge". Without going into too much detail, we have 23 people in the group, all paid $50 to buy in on the challenge. We started 1/9/12 & weigh in again on 4/9 (25% payout to the highest percentage of weight loss) & final weigh in is 7/9 (remaining cash to the overall winner with highest percentage lost). It's a GREAT motivator! :bigsmile:

But (isn't there always one?), no matter how much of a motivating factor $$ is, people and camaraderie are definitely a bonus!

Add me!
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm 41. Please friend me! I need friends too.
  • lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    add me if u like. I am 48. My daughter and I both or on here. She's 31 amd have lost 7 lbs to my 2.. Just prove that younger people losses weight faster.lol and its not like she needs to lose it , but she just had her second baby and wanting to lose the baby wieght. I had already lost 22 lbs before joing MFP . buy cutting calories and working out ,toke a year ...got another 14 lbs to go and now it getting even harder. I would like to say ...u should measure, total body. ..that way when the scales are being mean, u can see that you are still lossing. The tape measure has become a friend of my, the scales not so much..
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 in a couple of months and I've lost 111 pounds in a year. Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on the site for about a week and a half, feel free to add me, too!
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yay someone who remembers the 80's! (anyone can add me here) xooxx
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on the site for about a week and a half, feel free to add me, too!
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like.
    When I turned 42 it was like a switch went off and I couldn't drop even a pound!
    Going on 47 this year and started with MFP last May, best thing I ever did.
    Not only have a lost weight, I 've learned alot about fitness, food, different exercises...and gotten so much inspiration from others!!
    Good luck
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am 40. Yes, it is harder to lose weight when we get older, but we can do it!!! Feel free to add me.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im 45 and open for more friends.. : ) add me if you wish
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    43 here and in the same boat, would love new friends :)
  • dragynyss
    Options
    Hi! I'm in Texas and 42. I haven't really been involved in the forum and blogs on this site - just using the logging feature - but I've found some really interesting threads here and there. Add me if you'd like!

Good luck! I KNOW you can do it!!! :-)
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello... I am 47 years old and have been on my journey of healthy diet and exercise since November 15th 2011. I am on MFP daily and welcome new friends. I am serious to loose weight and offer support to others that are dedicated. Send me a message with your request.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I am 45, anyone who would like to be friends, please feel free to add me xxx
  • kimg70
    kimg70 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Right there with you!!
    41, and ready to make a fresh start to the 2nd half!!

Add me if you like!
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in July! I never had a weight problem until I hit 30. My body changed, stopped being as tolerant of crap and being lazy!:laugh: The first time I lost 40 pounds was when I was 31. It is much harder this time around.

Anyway, add me if you like. I'm actually looking forward to being 40 and fabulous. I've earned it!:smile: