The Bean

Options
Has anyone used The Bean...I am not sure if it is in the US and Canada but it is popular in Australia. My question is that I am 190 pounds and wondered if it can handle my weight and the regular workout I would give it?

Thanks, Karen

Replies

• curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    Has anyone used The Bean...I am not sure if it is in the US and Canada but it is popular in Australia. My question is that I am 190 pounds and wondered if it can handle my weight and the regular workout I would give it?

Thanks, Karen
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I have not used it but if it has the capacity of a yoga ball you should be able to use it... a yoga ball has a weight limit of 300 lbs.
  • curvylady
    Options
    My concern with the bean was the seams. I tried the ball as part of my building up core strength after a motorcycle accident and my husband couldn't stop laughing as it kept rolling away....i thought the bean would be better for reducing my stomach size.
  • kydztoi
    kydztoi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have the Bean and use it all the time- I weight 228 now and I think I was 235 when I got it. I absolutely love it- I have a hiatal hernia and can't do normal situps, but the Bean allows me to do a modified one..
    It really is a tough one!!!
    Jan
  • curvylady
    Options
    Jan what is your opinion of it? Are you noticing a difference in your body shape, especially stomach. My main issues with my body shape are my stomach and fatty back. I can get it at Wal-Mart for $89 Australian Dollars.
  • kydztoi
    Options
    Well, I really like it, but I use it with other stuff too- I mean like the treadmill, walking, biking , fitness bands etc. I have a friend that tried my Bean for a few days and swears that it has helped her back pain and she went and bought her own, so it seems to fulfil alot of tasks.
    Another thing I really like about it is that you can sit/lay on it and rock while watching TV- I believe that it's a heck of a lot easier to use than a ball- I was never able to effectively use the balls myself.
    I think it's well worth it, and they do have the manual and DVD that come with the Bean which gives you exercises that will target certain areas of your body.
    Help any??
    Jan
  • curvylady
    Options
    Yes, I will see if they still have them in stock. Thank you.

Karen.
  • kydztoi
    Options
    Another thing that I do is lay on the Bean and do some of my hand weights, Some I can really feel it in the stomach :)
    Good Luck

Jan