Protein powder

Options
Hi All,
I was just curious to know what brand of Protein powder everyone likes. i want to get some but not sure which one to use.

thanks

Replies

• Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like Maximuscle Promax - they do bars too. Powder flavours banana, vanilla, strawberry & chocolate. Have only had banana myself. There do seem to be quite a few around though so just a case of finding one u like I guess!! I use Promax as my gym sells it. :flowerforyou:
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my protein powder! It's NuTek Pro 5 by NutriShop it is delicious too! I have bought chocolate, banana and now mocha cappachino they are all great!
  • newfieborn
    Options
    My wife and I use the Isagenix protein powder. We like it.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    thanks All.. im going to check them out!
  • debspace
    Options
    I use Visalus and in fact, fell in love with it so much that I sell it now - lol!! check it out!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I tried several that I don't "like" alone. I do however love making smoothies. I have a jillian michaels protein powder which isn't very good on it's own, so I dump in half a scoop along with half a thing of greek yogurt to give my smoothie protein. It doesn't transfer the taste to my smoothie at all.
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    I use Isofemme Protein Powder in Creamy Vanilla. All Max nutrition makes it. It's specifically for women....non estrogenic protein, zero sugar added, aspartane and gluten free. 25 grams of protein per scoop and 120 calories.
    I put half a scoop in my smoothie in the morning along with greek yogurt and its delicious!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    EAS 100% Whey Protein in vanilla. 130cal/scoop. Hubs and I go with whey rather than soy because too much soy can be bad for men.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Yeah i have used visalus as well. my mom sells it.. but its expensive and i want something that i can just run to the store and get..
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Whatever is on sale :D

The flavoring system in Xtreme Formulations stuff is the best I've come across by far. Their lemonade whey is divine.
  • jgibson2
    jgibson2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Anything cheap, with the least ingredients, and without maltodextrin. Pure Protein from Target is what I'm currently using. It tastes good and is readily available.
  • emily2tx
    Options
    Love the Bluebonnet Whey Protein Isolate in chocolate. It has 26 grams of protein per serving and it takes amazing!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Cyctosport muscle milk
  • cotso
    cotso Posts: 86
    Options
    don't use protein powders, I would rather just eat meat!!!
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    i used phd diet whey. delicious! especially belgian chocolate!! yumm
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Myotein. ;)
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I was just curious to know what brand of Protein powder everyone likes. i want to get some but not sure which one to use.

thanks
    I absolutely LOVED Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrowhey, in any flavor, until I found out I have a sensitivity to whey. Great.

I am now trying to find something comparable that is also palatable. Not working out. Most taste like chocolate butt, and the consistency is sludge. I have to shudder and gag it down. As a vegetarian conscious of her protein intake, I will suffer through, but...

Anyone know of any tastier, non-whey based, not overly caloric ones I could try out? I tried Vega Sport vanilla and it was SOOOO gross. Biochem Vegan chocolate is awful, but not as bad.
  • fitnessrob420
    Options
    This is a website to go to and it has everything you could ever need in protein. it is fitrx.com and they have the cheapest prices around.also it depends what you want to do with your body on the type of protein shake to get
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i like the whey protein that is on sale.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    i like the whey protein that is on sale.

HAHA. Me too!