A Girl-Problem Question (Guys avoid!)

Options
So I've never really been one to keep constant track of my weight (but it seems to be working quite well for motivation) and my question is this: About how long after your monthly cycle does it take for you to lose your water weight? I've gained about 1.5 pounds of water weight from it and I was just wondering because I genuinely don't know that much about it.

Replies

• msmel
    msmel Posts: 14
    Options
    It usually takes me 2-3 days. Just drink lots of water, it should come off faster :)
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Well, for me, typically, the very day I start my cycle, I lose it all at once. I gain anywhere from 3-6 pounds. I can always tell because I get so "swollen" looking. The day I start, it's like, "Wow! I'm so skinny!"
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    my cycles all over the map, weight wise-- one month I'll gain 4-5 beforehand, next month I gain it a week after the cycle--

middle aged hormones-- gotta love it--
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    So basically it's one of those highly individual experiences ~sigh~? I know I stepped on a scale before I dried my hair and then after and I'd gained a pound. I know that your weight fluctuates daily, but it seems to be worse right now.

I hate being a girl.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    So basically it's one of those highly individual experiences ~sigh~? I know I stepped on a scale before I dried my hair and then after and I'd gained a pound. I know that your weight fluctuates daily, but it seems to be worse right now.

I hate being a girl.

It has its ups and downs-- that's for sure--

But, worry less about what the scale says, and more about doing what you know is right and good for your body-- keep eating right during your cycle, exercise and all that jazz-- it all comes out in the wash eventually.
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Part of that time of the month is craving salt which makes the bloating even worse. So, I think the amount of salt you eat can exacerbate the problem.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Don't ever hate being a girl...imagine the alternative? lol

The water weight should go away by 1-2 days after your period, but we can get bloated at any time of the month for various reasons.
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    Yeah, being a boy may be much worse in the long run, lol. Thanks for all the advice!
  • Papaya81
    Papaya81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was going to post a similar thread, but since it seems to be already available, i'll avoid a double post....WHAT are the methods to avoid those pre-menstrual cravings? As everyone else seems to have a similar problem in gaining weight prior to your cycle, I consciously know i am eating a lot more prior to my cycle and i don't know how to stop!!

I know the day my cycle starts, I will, as everyone else states, feel really skinny...but how do you all avoid those cravings?!!!