NSV I walked my puppy!

Options
We got a new puppy a week and a half ago, and today I took him for a walk. 1.28 miles. I plan to do it every day from now on, and I'm really looking forward to it! Of all the equipment I've bought over the years to "help" me work out, having someone else rely on you for their health and exercise seems to be the best motivator I've ever had. :) Just wanted to share our success.

Replies

• CassieLeigh86
    CassieLeigh86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your cute new workout partner!!!!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    that is awesome, it will really bring you two together!
  • deeannhill
    deeannhill Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your cute new workout partner!!!!

^^^This!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Adopting our new dog this summer has been such a huge help to me as well. Even on the days I simply do not feel like working out I know I will get at least one mile in because she HAS to be walked every morning. Good for you...and your puppy!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way. I will feel guilty if we don't take our puppy out. We try to take him for runs as well, and if I'm tired but he's still running, I know I have to keep running. He's amazing.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Aww I am so jealous. I used to take my golden lab for walks every day at the park and we LOVED them. Unfortunately, I had to leave him in Michigan when I moved to Arizona because he is as big as a horse. I would love to get a smaller dog one day. I actually ask my boyfriend's friend to bring his dog over when he hangs out so I can take little Edgar for a walk because his owner is very busy. I love dogs!!
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) He is super cute! His name is Bruce and he's a Great Dane/Great Pyrenees mix, so he's going to be a big boy. LOL I have to work up my stamina now while he's still small and can't drag me! He is such a sweetheart, I want him to have a long and healthy life, and I want that for me, too.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) He is super cute! His name is Bruce and he's a Great Dane/Great Pyrenees mix, so he's going to be a big boy. LOL I have to work up my stamina now while he's still small and can't drag me! He is such a sweetheart, I want him to have a long and healthy life, and I want that for me, too.

Aww :) look into a gentle leader collar. It goes kind of around the jaw but they can eat with it on and it doesn't bother them. My dog 200 pound dog couldn't pull me with it on and it was great for training.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!