fear???

Options
What is you fear of losing a lot of weight?

Replies

• hbdub7
    hbdub7 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    having saggy skin...blah...
  • misstasharenee
    misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Flabby skin, and looking older than I am.
  • robinhoward123
    robinhoward123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Same here. I think for a long time that was one of my reason for don't wanting to lose so bad. But I just let myself get to the breaking point. And now I want go slow and steady. Work my way down.
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Great question and I agree with the skin answer too. I also feared, when I was in the business world, of losing my visibility and presence at the conference room table. If I shrunk, would people see me? Honestly, that's what I thought for many years subconsciously. Once I brought that fear to the surface and realized what it was, I could banish it but golly. When one is playing with "the big boys" literally, one might feel the need to be big too!! LOL

-Debra (the LastSixty)
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    having saggy skin...blah...
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i fear becoming visable again. just seen.. for the past few years after i packed on all this extra weight, it was easy and almost a *relief* to not be seen, even though i hated it that i felt invisable.
    i fear the vulnerability.
    i fear being any sort of inspiration or role model.
    i fear all the emotions and feelings that i covered up with lard coming to surfice, but thats what it's all about.
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Have no fear. <3 If you take your time, tone up...you won't be saggy. ;)

My fear is I won't have enough money to buy a new wardrobe. :P
  • hot_mama11
    Options
    I'm afraid that I will lose the weight. Everyone will say how great i look. Then I will just gain it all back....again.
  • heavens_calm
    heavens_calm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I really want to lose weight to "look how I feel" - If I try to lose weight, but I can't/don't does that make me an ugly person?
  • 2012newbie
    2012newbie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid that I will lose the weight. Everyone will say how great i look. Then I will just gain it all back....again.

this is exactly how I feel
  • robinhoward123
    robinhoward123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    these are all great anwsers and just about all of them are my fears. i thought i would write this post so ppl could find their fear in lossing weight and we can face it straight on. :drinker:
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    That women won't be able to contain themselves and I'll be mauled! (j/k)
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Like a lot, it's the saggy skin and having lost too much muscle and being skinny fat. But most of all I am scared of losing all this weight and still not feeling like I am beautiful or that it is enough. It's a 100% mental concern. I need to work more on being confident with who I am more so than my body.
  • cooter2533
    Options
    Having to buy a while new wardrobe... And trying to keep my wifes hands off of me ;) I can dream right lol
  • blupee
    Options
    Wow! Your reply sounds just like my own thoughts. Thank you for sharing that because it shows me that I'm truly NOT alone. Good luck and keep going.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I have zero fear, and if anybody here does, do whatever you need to do to conquer that fear.
    You should associate nothing negative to your weight loss.