Overcoming Struggles

Options
This journey isn't about what we do when we are in the zone...its about what we do when we're not in the zone and facing those menacing mental meanies. Let's face it, most/all of us have previously started diets/journeys and made progress because we were fired up at first. But then, struggles ensued and, instead of fighting through those struggles, we gave in and gave up. We lost those battles because we weren't ready to fight through the struggles. I can't tell you how to avoid the struggles because I think struggles are just a natural part of being human. However, I am telling you that you CAN reflect upon why you went on the journey, the goals you have not yet achieved but want to achieve, and regain the passion and fierceness you began the journey with...and ultimately overcome those struggles. Friends...if you want to achieve your goals, you are going to have to face some struggles along the way. That's the time to think about the CHOICE YOU MADE to being the journey and the reasons YOU MADE that CHOICE. Know that YOU CAN overcome those struggles if you have strong enough reasons for desiring better health. Sometimes you have to dig real deep to find those reasons...but I promise if you dig deep enough, you will find them. If they did not exist, you would not have started your journey. Stay Fierce against the mental meanies.

Replies

• StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hunter, this is awesome. Thank you for posting it! I feel like it was exactly what I needed to hear. You are the best!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    it's so true and why I'm trying to bring these types of ideas to my team challenge meetings for us to discuss and come up with solutions together. Instead of putting some thought into why I failed and how I could try it differently the next day, I used to just simply give up. And unfortunately, I think that's what a lot of us do. When it gets hard, we give up completely.

The one thing that changed for me this time around was my friend asking me why I didn't succeed. At first I was like "I don't want to thik about it, I just want to move forward". Then I read that quote by Albert Einstein about the definition of instanity - attempting to do the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. BINGO! That was me! And that's when I figured out things like overwhelming myself with changes and deprivation was not the way to go.

Like you said, we all have our our own struggles but we all definitely need to think about them. Take off the blinders people!
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! We were just discussing this exact thing this morning in my weight loss group. I am going to share this post if you don't mind.
  • sunshine_1130
    Options
    I needed that, thanks!
  • JustJanis
    Options
    The fierce is strong you Jedi Sir :bigsmile:

Hunter every day you amaze me. The continued strength I see in you inspires me more and more, I can not say it enough. Thank you so much always for sharing your wisdom & words.

Fiercly beasty you are, strong padawan.... :tongue:

p.s. mental meanies.... awesome!