Who pays for valentines?

Options
strawberry626
strawberry626 Posts: 73 Member
ok so i am wondering your opinions...

Should the guy pay for valentines date or vice versa or how do each of you feel about this topic?

Replies

• Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    i make my wife pay.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    depends on the relationship. I may be different than others however I would think they would both do something for one another. For example he may get a hotel with a hot tub, some roses, etc. She may get dinner?
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Well, I am married and we have a joint account so technically we both pay.
    He tends to use HIS debit card on dates, but since I am the main source of income for my family, if you trace it back to its source, I pay.

It doesn't really matter one way or the other to me, but I am also not very romantic.
  • strawberry626
    strawberry626 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i am married but we have seperate accounts. weird i know but the joint thing only causes issues.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I like us to do a runner shortly after dessert unless one of us is wearing heels of course :drinker:
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    We go 50/50.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    My husband pays using his check card that is linked to our joint account. I pay/ he pays, what's the difference.
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    Wife and I have a joint account for shared expenses. This includes going out to dinner. But we also have seprate accounts for our own expenses. Works well for us.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    We both get each other gifts, but I think he should pay. Maybe because he makes like 5 times the amount that I do, but still.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    i am married but we have seperate accounts. weird i know but the joint thing only causes issues.

so one of you pays for dinner and the other for drinks and entertainment. that's what I used to do
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends....if he didnt want anything specific...I get him something and I may throw in a dinner...But I typically like romantic dinners!! Everyone goes out to eat on that day!! Boring..... The older I get the more it matters about the love for one another....
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I pay...my fiance hates it. So if I want to celebrate our love, I do all the planning, organizing and paying.
  • jencudd
    Options
    Seriously? I think the key to a happy relationship is to try to out-give each other. For example, if I realize my husband is about to do the dishes, I run in there and try to do them so he doesn't have to. He does the same thing to me. (So, I try to sneak it and surprise him when he's busy with something else.)

Surprising each other with gifts of love (either tangible or representational) is a great way to show the other how much you really care. My husband handles our joint account, but when I want to surprise him with something romantic or fun, I tell him I need some cash for a SURPRISE! The money is shared and comes from the same place (we both work), but getting to CHOOSE something that you know the other will enjoy is a wonderful way to express your love!

I don't think the issue is how to determine who spends what, or who's task is assigned to who. I think the whole idea of relationships needs to shift to a more selfless one! We are a selfish society and have become even more so. Taking a selfish attitude in your primary love relationship is sure to be a poison.

Go out and enjoy each other - or stay home and enjoy each other! But either way, try to think of ways to GIVE to one another! I promise you, your gifts will not go unappreciated!!!

Sincerely,
    A Woman who is Madly in Love with her Amazing Husband
  • texastumbleweed1
    Options
    I'm old fashioned, HIM!!!