A FIRST FOR ME - DON'T QUITE RECOGNISE MYSELF!!!!

Options
Had to go to an all day work shop today - when I got there it was my idea of HEAVEN (well, it should have been) free gooey pastries for brekkie, hundreds of gorgeous sandwiches, wraps, kebabs, sausage rolls and pies followed by trays of cake for lunch!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

And what did I have, NONE of it - just my carefully (if somewhat boringly) balanced wrap and a couple of cups of coffee!!

Now, had I sat there grumbling, moaning and generally emitting an aura of intense resentment - THAT would have been normal. But I didn't, I was so chuffed with myself that I genuinely didn't really want it - wasn't even tempted.

Weird (but wonderful!!):laugh:

Replies

• kathyrazz
    kathyrazz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That's a HUGE step...WOOT! :-)
  • heleflump
    Options
    It is for me - I'm not kidding - a month or so ago I would have been trampling over small children to get there first - and two weeks ago I might have managed to resist but would have been very bitter about it. this has NEVER happened to me before!! Guess we never stop surprising even ourselves!
  • TSTagain
    TSTagain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great job, being able to resist "free" goodies is half the battle. I have "free" in quotes because we all know how much they cost us in pounds gained, hours in the gym and guilt. Take care and keep up the good work.:flowerforyou:
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    well done:drinker:
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    That is phenomenal! A clear sign you have developed a better lifestyle!
  • Mamaincali
    Mamaincali Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It is for me - I'm not kidding - a month or so ago I would have been trampling over small children to get there first - and two weeks ago I might have managed to resist but would have been very bitter about it. this has NEVER happened to me before!! Guess we never stop surprising even ourselves!

LOL that is so me always trying to get to that food first! I hope I too can get to this point of not being bothered by these types of food. Good job!!
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That's great...save your splurge for a special occasion. Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

I hope this encourages someone who may think this could never happen to them. It can, it will materialize if you work for it.

Once again, congrats, this is a really big deal. :)
  • 20danielle12
    20danielle12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's a fab feeling! I walked past a woman giving away hot cross buns (a BIG weakness of mine!) the other day in M&S without even wanting to go back! So proud of myself :)

Well done hun!
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That's great - that's a tough situation and you did a great job! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!