SENIORS LOOSING WEIGHT

Options
Any seniors needing to loose weight? Maybe you're retired and haven't had much exercise? Here's the place to support each other & encourage each other as we continue MFP.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you,

Judy :heart:

Replies

• deluda
    deluda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm in there! I feel we can, at timse, have different issues than the younger ones. I don't readily lose like I did when I was younger and am now happy if I can show a weight loss every week, regardless the amount. I've been through a lot more surgeries now and feel it an accomplishment if I can stay within my calories and not feel hungry. So far so good! Feel free to add me.
  • Desperate12
    Options
    I'm trying to stay motivated!! Lost alot of weight in 2009 (WW) still trying to work the program, but not loosing!!! Really struggling. Weekends are bad-I really try not to over do, but it is sooooo hard! I am afraid that I cannot retire-I would gain to much weight!!!!
  • Lindacharp
    Options
    I'd love to join you in the seniors group. Us seniors need to lose weight to. I'm new to this just joined yesterday. Still in the learning process.
  • patcaak
    patcaak Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am 30 days into the program and really excited. Would like to have senior friends to connect with and share successes, recipes, thoughts and support.:love:
  • mrdgk73
    Options
    Looking forward to being part of this group. I joined yesterday, so still learning the ropes. My daughter recommended this site and it's one of the easier ones that I have joined. Looking forward to you all helping me and I will try my best to be of an encourager to you.
  • Marsha427
    Options
    please count me in!
  • fireflyevening
    Options
    I'm Carol from Chattanooga, Tennessee. I am also 63 years old, mentally, about 27. Just joined today at the urging of my surgeon. I had bariactric surgery in December, but, since I'm single (again) I have no support at home. I have a son and daughter, four grandaughters, and a very large dog. Even with the surgery, weight loss is slow and exercise work. Would love to have you for a friend! I, too, am doing this for health reasons, but also would love to look more graceful. (I take ballroom dance, and I'm tired of being the "fat lady".)
  • gaylecw
    Options
    I'm 59 would love to join! Please add me!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Been at this a while with some success. It is harder for us. I used to joke to my children that my metabolism hasn't slowed down, it has retired! Glad to support anyone, if you would like to add me.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    *lose

:x Pet peeve, sorry.
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    My birth certificate says I was born in 1951, but I don't feel 60, whatever that is. I ride a trike, have three tattoes and will be getting the fourth as soon as I can, enjoy life, sing, and feel very blessed. I'll be here and want to encourage and support others. :)