P90x or TurboFire for weight loss?

Options
I did the first day of P90X Lean today, but after researching it a little bit more it does not seem like as much of a weight loss program as I thought. I want to lose 20lbs about, getting down to around 110lbs at 5'3 from 125 that I'm at currently. I don't care so much about getting extremely muscular as I do about getting thinner. Which one should I follow to lose the most fat/see the best results? Also price of programs does not matter in my decision as I borrowed the P90X from a friend (which was a nice surprise because I mentioned I was looking for a new workout and I got it handed to me haha)/

Replies

• ashlee2407
    ashlee2407 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I seen that you posted this awhile back..but I am debating on the same two programs! I need to lose weight and I did with turbofire--16lbs in a month with following my calorie guidlines from mfp.

I started p90x a week ago and have stayed the exact same on the scale-no morning/night flucuations at all. I understand that I am damaging some muscle tissue and the fluid around that tissue to repair it might make my weight stay the same. Its just frustrating. Also, I am SORE!! so so so sore lol.

Just wondering if you ever came to a conclusion on what you were going to do. I also just ordered a super fun zumba set that I am wanting to get on..who knows when that will happen :)
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Turbo fire is more of a weight loss program
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    P90X is awesome... you are already at a healthy weight, so you don't need to kill yourself with cardio. P90X is not going to make you all super muscular either... what it will do is get you that sexy body you're looking for!
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    p90x = muscle building / resistance training / weight training
    turbofire = fat burning / losing weight / cardio
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Turbo Fire since September and I am down over 20 pounds from doing the program! =) I highly recommend it. It's sooo fun!
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    p90x = muscle building / resistance training / weight training
    turbofire = fat burning / losing weight / cardio

that about sums it up lol