APEX Fatburner 1, 2, and 3

Options
Hi

Anyone else using these fat burners? If so, how's it going for you?

I started on Fat burner 1 when I joined 24 and took it for 2 weeks.

I bought Fat burner 2, but realized I couldn't take it because it looks time released (I crush my pills :embarassed:)

Now I'm on Fat burner 3 instead. I lost 6 lbs total so far. It doesn't really control your appetite, I think it just helps you burn more calories when working out? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Replies

• christahollis
    Options
    As a general rule, I think the majority here avoid the fat-burning suppliments altogether. They're not evaluated by the FDA for their effectiveness or safety (as many can tell you about the massive recalls of such products lately because they contained compounds that have been shown to cause liver damage in users). Their advertising is a lot of hype, and of course their "studies" are going to show that people lose more weight using those suppliments--they're paying for the study! In a lot of cases, all you're "losing" is water...if anything.
    Realistically, using these suppliments is unnecessary if you're really following the MFP plan and their use could cause you permanent damage to your health.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I will tell my little story.

I am 48 and I have a friend the same age. Last summer she went to her doctor and got a pill. I joined MFP. When I saw her 12 wks in she bragged she had lost 20 pounds to my 10 or so. I asked what she was doing...changing diet or adding exercise? She said all she has to do is take the pill and she loses weight like magic.

Cut to 6 months out. I have lost 30 pounds, feel energized, feel good about myself, food is healthy and family has changed, exercise makes me feel empowered.

She lost 30 pounds, looks like hell, wrinkled, sunken in, and she is looking a bit ill. She was still on the pills.

Now about a month after that she was in the hospital with a heart problem. Of course the doctor would never admit it was from the pill, but she was healthy before taking it AND was told to stop immediately.
    She has gained back 1/2 of the weight (so far) because she has learned NOTHING but how to take a pill.

So that is my little tale. Make your own decision on whether to take the pills, but if you EXERCISE MORE AND EAT LESS you will lose weight!!

God Bless:flowerforyou:
  • msmel
    msmel Posts: 14
    Options
    Wow thank you for your opinions and stories. I started taking them to help me out the the exercise I already do 5 days a week. I know the pill isn't a appetite suppressant so therefore, I try to eat healthy. I was just wondering if anyone else tried it while EXERCISING AND EATING HEALTHY. If so, what was their outcome...