I Cheated..

Options
j4nash
j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
lol. Went to Abacus in Dallas for our 1 year anniversary and had 6 lobster shooters, a spinach and blue cheese salad, 8 oz buffalo steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, a few pieces of bread and some custard dessert. Also had a Chopin martini with blue cheese olives. Yum. Then had some Taco Bell later that night because I was hungry again. Cheat day! Time to get back on track tomorrow with a heavy AM workout.

Replies

• 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    Sometimes a cheat day is good to boost the metabolism, right? Body For Life recommends it once a week....

Hope you enjoyed it!
    :smile:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Yeah I am not alone!
    Indulged way too much, back the the grindstone tomorrow...
    :flowerforyou:
  • brainey100
    brainey100 Posts: 27
    Options
    Don't feel bad. Last night, I had chicken wings and beer. Fortunately, I exercised earlier in the day, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. But still, not a meal you want to eat often.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Cheating on your Anniversary? Impossible- bet you had a great time and the food was great!

Happy Anniversary :drinker:

On hubbs and my next one, it'll be the four year mark, I'll be belly up to the bar- eating all the fried food I darn well want to. lol I know he'll be right there with me, munching through a basket of fries and a beer.

Man am I glad I'm not on a 'diet' heheh
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wow, I want to be you!! :tongue: :laugh: :laugh:

That sounds amazing!!!!

And Happy Anniversary! :wink: :flowerforyou:

-Tam
  • keppick
    keppick Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well, that's a pretty big party! The trick is get back on track the next day. Try to think about how did you do for the week! If you hav one big party and the rest of the week you did fine... GREAT! But be careful with those parties.... that was a really big one by the sound of it. Even at parties you need to scale it back. Rather than having the lobster and the steak and the custard. Have one or two of the lobster shooters, half of the mashed potatoes, one piece of bread, half of the steak, and split the custard with a friend. The spinach salad may not have been too bad but the blue cheese along with what ever dressing went with it can make it as bad as the steak and salads don't box well. The green beans were probably the best thing.

Now, once you've split it all up... put it in a box and have that for dinner instead of going to Taco Bell afterwards. You get to enjoy the party TWICE! How cool is that?

I know it's not the "manly" thing to do to eat half of a steak (especially in Texas, I would guess). But if you want to be the BUFF TEXAS MAN you need to learn how to eat properly, even at a party.

I hope you logged in the all that food anyway to find out how much that was. It is possible to eat enough in one day that you should be eating in one week!
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    I am so with you. I have been doing so good for weeks and today... was crazy.; that darn Taco Bell.... I have to hit the gym tomorrow!!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Remember all......a cheat day does not mean go over your calories, cheat day means having some of what you want...even if it is not good for you. 1 day of eating really bad and calling it a cheat day, can undo an entire 3500 cal (1lb) deficit for the week........

But one day won't kill ya.

Glad you enjoyed your anniversary.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    No biggie. One day out of a lifetime isn't a big deal. Sounds like you had a good time. :smile:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    YUM! happy anniversary
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Remember all......a cheat day does not mean go over your calories, cheat day means having some of what you want...even if it is not good for you. 1 day of eating really bad and calling it a cheat day, can undo an entire 3500 cal (1lb) deficit for the week........

But one day won't kill ya.

Glad you enjoyed your anniversary.

This is really good to remember, and I am HORRIBLE at remembering it.
    I know I have blown that 3500 cal deficit that I worked so hard to get.
    Indulging is one thing... binging is a whole other game.
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    I've been having some cheat days lately too. I have a real problem with doing really good all day then right before bed time I eat a lot. I have no idea why I get the munchies so bad at night!! Its driving me absolutely crazy!! I have to take medication to help me sleep. I have for a year because I was going days without sleep. I still do well to get 4-5 hours a night. One of the side effects is "sleep eating". I know I'm eating, but its like I have no control! HELP

146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • j4nash
    Options
    I've been having some cheat days lately too. I have a real problem with doing really good all day then right before bed time I eat a lot. I have no idea why I get the munchies so bad at night!! Its driving me absolutely crazy!! I have to take medication to help me sleep. I have for a year because I was going days without sleep. I still do well to get 4-5 hours a night. One of the side effects is "sleep eating". I know I'm eating, but its like I have no control! HELP

146230.png

What time do you work out? I hate working out at night because I have the same problem. I am ALWAYS starving at night and it makes it much more difficult to go to bed. Now I work out early mornings and don't have any more problems.
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options

146230.png

What time do you work out? I hate working out at night because I have the same problem. I am ALWAYS starving at night and it makes it much more difficult to go to bed. Now I work out early mornings and don't have any more problems.

I work out in the mornings too! I have the oppisite effect. I am not hungry at all after I work out!
    146230.png
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Holy COW that is some meal...:noway:
    It's OK....one day/meal won't kill ya
    Enjoy and get right back on track

Good luck, Kim
  • j4nash
    Options
    burned 1557 calories this morning. byebye Abacus dinner.
  • Cherrystargirl
    Options
    I say if you're going to cheat, do it with style! As long as you enjoyed it (sounded scrummy!) and it's not knocked your resolve or confidence then good for you! Oh and Happy Anniversary x
  • keppick
    keppick Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Why not change it to "indulgence" rather than "cheat". You took a brief and large break and you enjoyed it! Sounds like you're back on track! Good job!

However, it is possible to party WITH FOOD and not go overboard! It is also possible to party WITHOUT FOOD and still have a great party!
  • HealthyIn09
    Options
    I work out in the mornings too! I have the oppisite effect. I am not hungry at all after I work out!

I'm the exact same way! After working out I'm not hungry at all, and then night time comes and it seems like I just can't get satisfied.
  • j4nash
    Options
    Why not change it to "indulgence" rather than "cheat". You took a brief and large break and you enjoyed it! Sounds like you're back on track! Good job!

However, it is possible to party WITH FOOD and not go overboard! It is also possible to party WITHOUT FOOD and still have a great party!

my cheating has normally been eating my exercise calories. having an additional 1500 in one day is a lot!