Just started

Options
Hi,

I am chained to a desk all day long (at home luckily). I am married and mom to a 2.5 year old. My husband suffered a traumatic brain injury a year ago, so I am also his primary care giver. I lost weight when he first had the accident, but that was from bad eating/nerves/etc. So now I am trying to lose the weight in a healthy way. Any advise, support, or help would be great.

Replies

• bulletprooff
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your husband's accident :(

I would say aside from eating healthier and making better decisions, try to find ways to be more active during the day. I work a desk job too but I like to get up and walk around even if I'm going to the gym later. Also, drink a lot of water, and make yourself get up to refill it rather than having one big jug.
  • miamime
    Options
    Also so sorry to hear about your husband. I totally agree with what Bulletprooff said about trying to be active. I spend most of my time sitting at a desk at home too but recently I've been doing short exercise dvd's when taking a break instead of just sitting down with a cup of tea or whatever. Not only am I in better shape but I go back to work more energised and find it easier to focus!
  • ttillman19
    ttillman19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The smaller cup is a great idea. I have been drinking a lot more water and trying to watch whay I eat a little more. Baby steps. I live in the middle of no where, so a gym is not an option at this point. I have a pretty good size of property, so I have been walking more and an exercise bike that I am GOING to ride 3 times a week if it kills me.