Share your little NSVs

Options
I've only lost 10 pounds so far but I have so many little Non Scale Victories that I thought I'd share and start a thread.

1. My size 12 jeans fit again! They haven't been worn in a year and I really missed them because they were my favourite

2. Someone finally noticed for the first time today that I've lost weight and commented that I seem happier

3. I was really hungry today when I got home from work. The old me would have ordered a large pizza, cheese sticks, and Coke. Instead I am munching on some Greek yogurt until suppertime.

4. When I was buying my groceries a few days I noticed after I put everything on the belt that it was all healthy. I was a little stunned but felt really proud. It used to be all crap that came out of boxes. I also drink a lot more water and consume a lot less sodium.

5. I inspired a co-worker to get back on the fitness wagon and lent her my 30 Day Shred video since I'm done.

So those are a few of mine. What are some of yours?

Replies

• fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Nice thread -

1) My workouts are getting easier

2) I have been 100% dedicated to working out daily

3) Some only complimented me on my workout yesterday saying I was getting better

4) I've lost 3.5 inches

5) I can run for longer now

6) I eat broccoli now and it's only since I started MFP. I love broccoli!!
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I ovulated for the first time ever yesterday by myself without the help of fertility drugs :blushing: :blushing: :love:
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    Blood sugar and cholesterol "normal" for 6 months!
    "Compression shirt" looks... well, OK.
  • coquette87
    Options
    1) My face is clearer than it's been since before I hit puberty.
    2) I don't need coffee anymore (except for Mondays, when I have to be up extra early).
    3) My stamina in kick-boxing drills is improving.
    4) My classmate remarked today, "Look at you and your little flat belly!"
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. alot of mine are similar.

1) My clothes fit better.

2) I have gained a lot of inspiring mfp freinds.

3) My journey is inspiring others.

4) I can actually run and not only can i run but i have gone over 30 mintues straight. (huge for me considering a full minute used to kill)

5) I have a bette rrelationship with food.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I don't tire out as easily as I did just a couple of months ago while playing with my boys! That's a big one right there for me!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I am maintenance now, but my favorite moment was when I realized I did not have to lie down on the bed, in order to zip up my jeans. The second moment was when I was able to take the same pair of jeans off, without undoing the button or zipper. That same pair has long since been donated.
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    After losing the first 20lbs:

1. My clothes are falling off
    2. people notice i've lost weight
    3. I can walk farther/longer without wanting to die
    4. my knees hurt less
    5. i feel better about myself
    6. my shadow is thinner (I love that one)

Cant wait until the other 35 come off!
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great post!

1.Trying on a dress in UK size 8 and it fit (so I bought it..... And some jeans etc....lol).
    2. People that i haven't seen in a while commenting on my weight loss.
    3. Feeling amazing and missing exercise when I can't get time in the day to workout (I know it's not really a NSV but it's because of MFP).
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread!
    1. I can wear cute jeans that are trendy
    2. I run distances that I never would have dreamed about running
    3. I've made some great friends in my marathon training group
    4. My energy level is through the roof!
    5. My body feels as good as it looks
    6. I've inspired other people on the way to wellness, including my husband, sister, and mom
    7. My self-confidence is ridiculous now...I'm pretty sure that I can do ANYTHING and nothing is stopping me!
    Congrats to you all on your NSV's...Keep killing it!!!
    -Andi
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've lost 8lbs so far, and:
    1. Some of my size 2 pants are starting to fit again, and the size 4s are getting baggy!
    2. My butt is noticeably smaller, so are my "love handles"
    3. I have lost a couple inches... not sure how many
    4. My mom has been telling me that I am shrinking :)
    5. My workouts are getting easier, and I have gotten MUCH stronger!

Woot woot for 4 1/2 successful weeks! :)
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I ran for the fastest time since boot camp. Been in the Marine Corps for 16 years now so I aint no spring chicken lol. It was amazing to see the 20 year olds and guys in their mid 20s huffing and puffing while I smoked em
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 10 lbs too.

#1 I started and I haven't quit like in the past!

#2 I actually don't mind exercising much anymore and feel really good & proud after I complete a workout.

#3 I had to go out and buy bigger pants bc I was SQUEEZING into my old ones, so I knew it was time to make a change. Now the bigger pants I bought are starting to get loose!

#4 When I ask him if I look any skinnier, my boyfriend used to say - Sorry babe, you look the same to me! Now he says - Yes you do babe, keep it up! LOL

#5 I saw my boyfriend's sister after not seeing her for a while and without her knowing I was dieting or exercising, she said - Have you lost weight? You look really good!

#6 I am more conscious about what I eat and still eat my favorite things but in moderation. I am learning control.

#7 I have more energy and generally just feel better and healthier.

#8 I can run almost 2 miles now without walking - working my way up!
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    12lbs gone so far and:

I can do up my bra on the last hook, not the first - and it fits properly!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    A manager from another store saying "Jesus Christ, where the hell have you gone Nic!"
  • jencjeffery
    jencjeffery Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My skinny denim cut off''s fit

I am sleeping again at night

Had to go out and buy new clothes as the old ones are falling off

No where near as scared to look in the mirror!
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My friends on here are always telling me how well I'm doing. That's one of my biggest motivators.
    My pants are falling off and I'll have to buy new ones soon. I've dropped at least two sizes.
    My shoes that aren't sneakers are feeling very loose. I think when I go buy shoes I can go down a half size.
    Walking up and down stairs doesn't phase me.
    I recently spent a week wearing dresses (something I'm not usually inclined to do) and all of them fit.
    I've re-discovered a lot of clothes that I outgrew.
    Folks in the gym keep saying nice things about my loss.
    My sleeping problems seem to have disappeared. My CPAP is unused these days.
    I had high cholesterol when I started. Hopefully I'll see the improved results next week when the tests come back.
    I kicked my Diet Coke and Unsweet Tea habits and I'm now a water girl. Don't even want/use the Mio any more.
    I kicked my carb addiction. No longer will a box of double-stuffed Oreos call me irresistably.
    I got a co-worker to start this plan with me and she's doing great too. Seeing her happier is a big thrill as well.
    I feel like I can go all the way this time and get down to where I want to be.
    I'm not all that far from Onederland. That's very exciting.
    My sons are very proud and supportive.
    Well, that's all I can think of. Sure beats sitting around getting bigger.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I'm back here after floundering for the past year... I didn't gain back ALL the weight I've lost just most of it -but due to only two little weeks of exercising...

- I can walk up the steps to my office with out stopping to gasp for air
    - I was able to finish week 5 of C25K program
    - I have way more energy
    - I think of ways to burn calories more than I think of things I want to eat!

(if it were only as EASY and as FAST to burn them as it is to eat them!)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I ovulated for the first time ever yesterday by myself without the help of fertility drugs :blushing: :blushing: :love:

Lucky!

- While in the mall some time ago, I walked into a store that I previously avoided due to all of the cute and trendy wear that .. well wasn't in my size. I noticed the cutest jacket out of the blue and tried it in... perfect fit... too bad I was broke at the time. = 3=;

-I noticed just last night how easy it is to shave my legs---the entire leg.. not just the front and sides. No more patches left behind.

- While walking a few days ago, a worker in the neighborhood informed me that having seen me constantly walking and working out has gotten him on trying to lose weight also.

- My last pair of jeans--- a size 16 no longer fit.

- I am able to jump rope for a full-fledged minute now.. that is unless I mess up.

-I was able to get off one of my blood pressure medications.

-I have officially passed the lowest weight I could remember ever having been (228)
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Excellent Post!

1- I am sitting here bored at this moment and all I can think to do to fill my time is to exercise
    2- I went shopping the other day and was happy! Down from 22w in pants to 8 so far!
    3- My dog dropped my pants the other day that I haven't worn in over 15 years
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!