Lost 101lbs, and found myself.

Options
Hey there, everyone. I feel a bit silly that I've only really just discovered the "community" on here except for a few posts a long while ago. I just wanted to share that since having started to use Myfitnesspal diligently last March, I have lost over 100lbs! It's amazing how much I've learned about my food, how it affects me, and how to have a better relationship with it just from being open and honest about tracking what I eat.

II don't know how to post pictures or anything on here, but PLEASE feel free to visit my blog and read my celebratory 101lbs lost post! I think the strangest part about hitting 101lbs was how excited others were, but I wasn't feeling it... I was sitting on the couch thinking about writing my new post, and just started being flooded with vivid memories and feelings about ways I used to be, things I used to feel, struggles I used to have, and then all of the new things I can do, have felt, and have tackled. I'm overwhelmed with joy and gratitude that I've come this far, and want so desperately for others to know that they deserve it and can do it, too.

So if you want to, visit www.sarahsfashionablylate.blogspot.com, and I'd love to hear from you.

Replies

• opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Love your blog and I can relate to so many of the 'before' statements - I still have to get to the after...... Oh, and why oh why, do people persist in saying you can still always buy shoes if you're overweight because your shoe size doesn't change??? IT DOES!

Congratulations on your 100+ lbs :smile:
  • electricprune
    Options
    You are soooo right about the shoes! I've always struggled finding shoes I like that fit properly, so I usually just put up with whatever feels wrong about them. I'm so excited for you to start having your own "after" realizations. It's a little weird sometimes, but pretty thrilling. Thanks very much :happy:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Welcome to the 101 club! LOL
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose - 15 gone so far! It's so helpful and inspiring to read these stories about regular people who have accomplished so much. It gives me hope that I too can do it!

Congratulations...well done!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • gessuhcuh84
    Options
    That's amazing!!! I have a lot of weight to lose and I have lost 16 pounds so far. I have to know. Did you only use my fitness pal to lose the weight? I love it so far.
  • crashta
    Options
    Way to GO! I've shared your post with my husband who started the New Year at his all time heaviest of 295 lbs but has lost 25 lbs so far using the lean schedule of P90x. Even with 25 lbs gone, he is so motivated by how his clothes fit better and some are too big. He wished he took some before pictures as he is determined to lose another 20-25 lbs.

Congrats on the 101 lbs gone! You've done awesome!
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    So true...I was amazed that after losing 75lbs I now wear a size 9 instead of an 11...who knew? Also, can totally relate to wishing I could shop anywhere...I am thrilled that I just got into a size 18 and was super shocked that they fit when I put them on. To be able to walk into Old Navy where clothes are considerably cheaper than Lane Bryant and be able to wear a XL shirt and an 18 pants is unbelievable for me. Congrats on your success, you look wonderful! :)
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Very cool! Great job and keep going!
  • lissamok
    Options
    You're an inspiration! I also love what you said about thinking you can find love when you're thin, because that's when the magic will happen. It really hit home.
  • inittothinit42
    inittothinit42 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great blog post and inspiring success story.
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Your blog really touched me. Thank you for sharing.
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Your story of freedom will touch a thousand hearts :heart:
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed the blog post. Great job and good luck getting to Greece :)
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You've had amazing progress. You look great and so does the blog. I saved it to read more later its late and I have a couple things to do yet before I crash in bed. Keep up the great work.
  • electricprune
    Options
    Thanks so much, you guys! I love checking out all of your profiles and seeing where we're all at. Nice to have some friends I can get in touch with who are on the way, or who've already been there. :)

Jessmariebond, I've used this as my food journal, but I've been keeping active regularly, too. I exercise 5-6 times a week, even if I can only squeeze in 20-30 minutes some days. I make sure to work my muscles and not just cardio so that my body will burn calories better all throughout the day - gotta do that! Me metabolism is a stinker! I've been making sure the calories I eat are full of good stuff, not just tracking the calories. And I let myself have splurge days to enjoy things I like! You'll go nuts if you don't incorporate "normal" stuff. That's the very short nutshell version of it!

Thanks for spreading the word, Krista! :)

And Kourtney - DITTO! Old Navy's totally been my go-to shopping spot while shrinking. I can get quite a few new things on clearance for under $30 total that'll last me just long enough that I won't feel bad not needing before long because I didn't spend an arm and a leg on it. I'm pretty sure everything I used to own, save for a few, were from LB, too!

You guys are so kind - thanks, and good luck & congrats to all of you too!
  • electricprune
    Options
    PS - how on earth do you post photos on here? I would if I could!
  • jrock317
    Options
    I just read every one of your blog entries. I wish you lived in PA so we could be workout buddies and friends! You're an inspiration and I wish only the best for you. I'm going to keep keeping up with your blog and be your friend from afar. :)
  • thatlook
    thatlook Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A BIG WELL DONE ON YOUR 101 :D
    i cant wait til i hit that mark, i haent read you blog as yet but will do in the near future x
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Love your blog. Great pics. You really look great!!! When do you go to Greece????
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!