Not hungry - help!

Options
I am getting a cold, and I am simply not hungry... normally I'm all about the next mealtime. :laugh: Is this my body telling me it needs less food right now, or is my body giving me false signals because I'm not feeling well? I have some nuts and peanut butter and avocado in the house, so I can meet calories for the day if I should, but should I be eating if I'm not hungry? Please help!

Replies

• mxhelili
    mxhelili Posts: 33
    Options
    don't eat if you're not hungry. it's that simple.
    drink water.
    and feel better!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    You also have to think that your body is burning more calories by trying to fight off an illness (fever, etc), but I am sick now, and I am also having a hard time eating my calories. I try to have small meals throughout the day and put some heavy hitters in there like peanut butter and almonds. I just barely made my requirements today...I'm really not going to go out of my way to eat them, but I try. Just be sure to drink plenty of fluids, but I'm sure you already know that :happy:
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so much! I'm a few hundred short, but my body doesn't seem to want anything more so I'll leave it at that for the night. Feel better Courtney!