plateau frustration...

Options
so i reached a plateau last semester with my weight, which was fine because my goal while i was in school was to maintain my weight and not let school stress let me gain, which is pretty much exactly what happened. I only ran twice a week and just was consciencous of what i was eating. Now that i've started another co-op i've been working out every morning before work for the last month and the scale still has not budged. I haven't missed a morning workout yet, I only rest on Sundays, I burn about 2500 calories a week on average from exercise and my net calories consumed are always right around 1200-1300. I'm just frustrated, it's been a month and I feel like besides being stronger/faster, my appearance has nothing to show for it. I know since i wasnt working out much during school I lost a lot of muscle and I'm most likely just building it back up again and that's why there's no loss, but with a cruise in a month and only benig 5 pounds from my goal weight I'm probably putting too much pressure on myself.

Any tips for busting through this plateau and losing those last 5 pounds? My current workout week looks like this:

Monday - running, 10 min warm up pace, 35 minutes of intervals of 3 min run-1 min sprint-1 min walk, and then 5 min walking cool down
Tuesday - 15 minute elliptical, 30-40 minutes of weight lifting
Wednesday - 5 mile run
Thursday - 15 minute elliptical, 30-40 minutes of weight lifting (different routines), evening yoga class
Friday - running, 10 min warm up pace, 35 minutes of intervals of 3 min run-1 min sprint-1 min walk, and then 5 min walking cool down
Saturday - 5 mile run
Sunday - rest

Replies

• myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on only having 5 lbs to go! That part is great. I wonder if you might have to increase your net intake a bit.
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    For three days straight now, I've posted this, and I completely believe it. Eat Nutella. It helped me break through my plateau.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    That looks like a good exercise routine, but I without knowing what you're eating, I just can't say.
  • SalamandaSalad
    Options
    I recommend going to a CrossFit class. Go once or twice a week for a month. You need a change in your workout routine. CrossFit always changes it up every class, and you WILL feel it after. Let me know if you go and how you like it. I can almost guarantee results... good luck:)
  • fluffy925
    fluffy925 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Nutella! How?
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    When was the last time that you let body rest for more than 48 hours? Give it a break.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your working out in your Cardio/Endurance zone with the running/sprinting. Have you tried working in your fat burning zone? For most people its 50-70% of your max heart rate I believe? If your doing it on a treadmill or if you have a Heart rate monitor, you can check your HR. I know this might sound silly but eating steak for lunch and dinner with some veggies, gets me through a plateau.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Nutella! How?

I'm assuming it would shock the body by giving the body more calories than usual...a lot of times when people eating not that much has a cheat food/meal, the next day they have lost some weight (for example a friend of mine ate Taco Bell and as a consequence lost 3 lbs).