Walden Farms Chocolate Dip

Options
:grumble: OK....SOoooo I decided to try this so called " ZERO CALORIE" Chocolate Dip from Walden Farms
it has

0 Calories
0 Fat
0 Cholesterol
0 everything basically....except sodium i believe was 35mg per serving of 2 tbs

IT WAS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!! I dipped all my strawberries in it :blushing: :blushing:

not to mention....stuck my finger right in the jar and ate it raw :blushing:

I was just curious if anybody else had tried this? I have seen mixed reviews on some websites...How could something so good...be 0 calories??

( i do understand that there are "trace calories" but even that is less than 5 calories per serving which is AWSOME!!

Need some feedback from my wonderful and supportive MFP buddies!!!

Replies

• leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    What does it list as the ingredients? are there any chemicals hiding in there?
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Description and nutrition info from their site:

Walden Farms Chocolate Dip is perfect for dipping strawberries, bananas, cake, and other foods. Best of all, its fat free, sugar free, calorie free, cholesterol free, carbohydrate free, and gluten free.

Walden Farms Chocolate Dip:

* Perfect for diabetics
    * Calorie Free
    * Sugar Free
    * Carbohydrate Free
    * Cholesterol Free
    * Fat Free
    * Gluten Free

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 2 Tbsp. (30g)
    Servings 12 Calories 0
    Calories from Fat 0
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    Amount/Serving % Daily Value* Amount/Serving % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 35mg 1%

Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
    Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 0g 0%
    Protein 0g 0%

Vitamin A 0% - Vitamin C 0% - Calcium 0% - Iron 0%
    Ingredients: Triple filtered purified water, defatted cocoa powder, natural and artificial flavors, cellulose gel, lactic acid, sucralose, salt, xantham gum and potassium sorbate (to preserve freshness). Contains trace calories

Net wt. 12 oz (340g)
    This product is sweetened with Splenda
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! But Clean eaters on the site would object. Is it available at the grocery store?
  • MonicaRod
    MonicaRod Posts: 56
    Options
    I picked up a jar of it next to the strawberries/ veggie section at my local supermarket Schnucks.

It was kind of pricey, but its worth it!

I looked at their website and they have A LOT of other products with "zero calories" as well!!!

loooking forward to trying these..

anyone else tried this?
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    They also have peanut spread and mayo apparently. from the site:
    "Walden Farms irresistibly sweet calorie free specialties are prepared with real fruit extracts, concentrated natural flavors, rich cocoa and other natural ingredients, all sweetened with Splenda. Our savory specialties are made with hundreds of freshly ground herbs and spices, concentrated natural flavors and the finest aged imported and domestic vinegars."
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    this, my dear friend, is simply too good to be true.

anyone else live in canada know where i could buy some? Ive never seen it around here :noway:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    i hear the mayo is horrible- also the peanut butter:sick:
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    aww that sucks about the peanut butter, i was pretty excited for that one actually.. i might even love PB more than chocolate!:noway:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    this would be great for baking

i am in canada too...anyone know if it is available at a metro, sobey's, price chopper...or walmart?
  • hungrybear
    hungrybear Posts: 45
    Options
    umm sounds weird. i would think even natural ingredients like fruits have a lil calories...nevertheless, interesting that they have calories-free products.