5' 8" mid 40's women, what's your goal weight?

Options
keeponkickin
keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
Hi,

I was curious to hear from women my age and age as to what their goal weight is? I'm 44 and would love to be about 150. I've lost 111 pounds so far and I'm getting a lot of "you don't need to lose more" stuff from my friends. I'm determined to lose these last 15 pounds.

At 277 pounds
fatfatfat.jpg

166 pounds
009.jpg
CindyJanuary272012.jpg

Replies

• mlucarelli74
    mlucarelli74 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and also 5"8 and my goal weight is 150 lbs. I think it is a very realistic goal. You look wonderful BTW!! Congrats!
  • camelotss
    Options
    I'm 40 and and 5' 8". My goal weight is 150, although my doctor's preferred weight for me is 160. I think I'll settle for somewhere in between. Congrats on your success.
  • silkii_locks
    Options
    Well I'm only 33 but I'm 5'8" with a large frame. My goal weight is 180.
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    I'm 40 and and 5' 8". My goal weight is 150, although my doctor's preferred weight for me is 160. I think I'll settle for somewhere in between. Congrats on your success.

Thanks. My doc was saying I would be good at 170. Um, no thank you. By the stupid height and weight charts I am still considered "over weight" as I need to be under 164.
  • dibley_98
    dibley_98 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 43 and my goal right now is 155lbs. I'm currently 172 and I also get told I look fine and don't need to lose any more. I have no idea what I'll look like at 165, 160, 155, etc...because I haven't been in this territory in about 22 years. :)

19DressedDec2011g-1.jpg

DSCF0674-1.jpg
  • Change_Agent
    Change_Agent Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on achieving such a transformation! I am 48, about 5'8" (maybe 1/2 inch shy?) and at 162 now which has me between a size 10 and a size 12. Fifteen years ago (ouch) I was about 152 - thought I was much too heavy which now seems ridiculous of course as I am fighting like a cat in a sack to get back down to that weight. At 152 I was a loose-ish size 10. I had pretty good muscle tone back then due to lots of weight-lifting (back at that now) and so think my body fat was lower. Currently, I would like to get down to 135-140-ish. I am medium framed.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You do what YOU feel is best. Always! I was looking at your photos after our emails and I didn't see any before. Wow. WOW. You look incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look so natural and healthy right now I almost can't imagine a before photo. Well done, Cindy. Well done! ♥
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, and congrats on your weight loss!
    I'm 5' 8" and I'm going for 165, I got down to 160 at one point and my husband was concerned I was getting "too thin".
    But everyone is different and I'm big-boned. :smile:
    ~Jess
  • notrehtav
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 145-150. I have a small to medium frame. You have worked so hard! I think your goal is reasonable.
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 145-150. I have a small to medium frame. You have worked so hard! I think your goal is reasonable.

Thanks to all of you for your responses. Glad to know I'm in the same ball park as all of you with your goal weights.
  • JayneDugger
    Options
    I am 47 and 5'7" and my goal weight is 140. It gets so much harder as we get older, but diet and EXERCISE is truly the key. No more fad diets for me. CONGRATS!!!!
  • thinkpositive3
    thinkpositive3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    41 and 5'8". I want to get to 145 with more of a focus on good tone and muscle. Great success so far in your journey! You look wonder
  • Kathleen_Presnell
    Kathleen_Presnell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look great! Do what you feel is good for you! You are so inspiring and I want to do what you did! Go Girl Go! You look younger, more healthy, happy, very very pretty! Do it for you and if you don't feel good, energy etc. then add back a few but you do what you think you should. I'm sure you husband thinks your SEXY and he's right! You are!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo!!!!! I"m 45 years young 5'5" and I am shooting for 150 but I know at 130 I will be at goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!