Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

jealous people

Hanni
Hanni Posts: 158 Member
edited September 19 in Chit-Chat
I bought my dream car about 6 months ago.
It is a silver Mercedes 4x4 (ML320 sport). I love my car and look after it. It is only 18 months old now. I worked extremely hard to get the deposit together and be able to afford it. I bought it because Simon has a 2 seater sports car and since we are planning a family as well, I wanted a car that keeps me and my loved ones safe. This car is all that and I just simply love it. I came down to the car park yesterday and someone has taken either a screwdriver or knife and scratched my car in one long deep line from the very front, all along the passenger side, to the back. It has not just gone through the layer of clear protective lack, which apparently is very thick, but also right through the silver paint. I saw it and just burst into tears. :frown:

I know worse things can happen that one can cry about but I just couldn’t believe it. I saved so long to buy this car, and I work so hard every day to afford it. We just bought our house together and are waiting to move in. Having to repaint my car, especially given that this person managed to scratch right through the paint too, and damaged front and back bumper and both doors, is a cost I don’t need right now! Sure the insurance will take over some of it. But my monthly payment will rise and I will have to pay the excess. And I cannot leave it like this. Water will get in, rust will develop...

Who knows why they did that. The car park is a community car park for a block of flats. There are about 25 cars parked there, but none of them got a scratch, only me. I think it was jealousy. They saw it and got angry and decided to ruin the owners day. I am sure it was adults or teenagers. The kids that play football nearby occasionally are young, they wouldn’t do that. Plus I think it happened during the night.
I can’t wait to move into the house now and away from this horrible area. No-one needs something like this. :frown:

Replies

• rbeglen
    rbeglen Posts: 37
    Iam sorry to hear about what happened to your car. Don't worry about those jealous people. Remember, what goes around comes around!:wink:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    my dad has a friend at work that has a mercedes.....no matter how far away he parked from other cars....people always scrached up his car, just because it was a mercedes.:cry:

I'm happy you got your dream car and I hope that things go better for you...you sound like you worked hard for your dream:drinker:
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Thanks, I just had to rant about it and get out of my system. Mercedes have just come back and quoted me £1800 for the repairs. They have to take off all parts and completely repaint the passenger side. Fantastic isnt it. I might check with some other workshops to see if they can quote a better price.
    It is just incredibly frustrating and bad timing too. I believe in what goes around comes around as well. But then it probably has even before they did that to my car. Normal hardworking people wouldnt do that. It's total losers who did that, and all it takes for me is to put new paint on and pay some money, they however will ALWAYS be losers with a sad life. :grumble:
  • I'm sorry that people have nothing better to do with their time, and no home training!
    I have Allstate, and my husband and I have each been in an accident (our fault) since we've gotten Allstate, and our premium has not gone up. It may be worth looking into.

Take care! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    so sorry to hear that this happened to your car. People just have no respect for other peoples cars, houses, etc. I hope you will be able to get it painted again and that this never happens again. :flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    :noway: :flowerforyou:
    I'm sorry to hear that this happened. There are a LOT of rude people in this world and if they cannot having something they will destroy someone elses property because they cannot have it. I myself only have a '99 honda civic (I don't even have power windows), my hubby, child and I only have a ranch style house with a pretty large yard (1 acre)...but we have no debt, no student loans to pay off, no car payments. Instead of buying myself a new car my daughter is attending a private Christian school...I'd rather her have a better education than my having a new car. A car is material where as the soul and mind are not. That's not to say that I wouldn't like to have a new car. I'd love to have a new civic or even something a little bigger (we have 3 dogs that we haul over to the in-laws weekly). :bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I'm so sorry that happened to your car. What a shame that some people have to be so evil as to destroy what someone else has.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    It truly is amazing what jealousy will make people do.

I was growing a plant in my backyard, and just because it was in a planter (therefore 'portable') someone decided he/she needed it worse than I did, and walked off with it.
    The irony in it is that they probably don't know the first thing about this particular plant, and it will likely die. I'm sad because I bought a planter for this plant, and worked hard getting it to grow healthy and strong. So I feel your pain.

Fortunately, Karma has a way of finding these kinds of @$$holes and dishing it right back on 'em. Have faith and chin up.
This discussion has been closed.