C25k panic!!

Options
2»

Replies

• StacyX582
    Options
    Just breathe, run slower to pace yourself to run longer, and completely ignore that voice in your head that tells you to stop. Once you've run that 20 minutes, you know you've done it and are capable of it, and it's an amazing feeling. Good luck!
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I just did it this past Tuesday and was successful. I was incredibly nervous as day 2 was so hard for me. Just do it. Stop for 30 seconds or a minute if you have to but I think you will surprise yourself. Today I was going to do the 20 mins again but instead i went 28 mins and completed 2 miles! I didn't think I could do the 20 mins again but I did and then some. Don't over think it...just go for it. It's ok if you can't....you will get there. But most likely you can...which is awesome!!
  • campbellcjdm
    Options
    :noway: I am only on week 3 - for about the 3rd week. my problem is not my legs, but my lungs. I find myself sucking wind and my heart rate monitor beeping like crazy. I just think i am going to fast (even tho I am barely moving). I find that it depends on what kind of day i had, how much water i drank throughout the day, and how many carbs i had the hour before. Good luck to us all
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I finished the program and the way I got through it was to literally just put one foot in front of the other and just think like that as I was running. I used a program on my phone and I liked to see the days being checked off, it was motivation for me. I was scared a couple of weeks because the time seemed to jump so much, but it really wasn't as bad as I thought and I surprised myself. I was so happy when I accomplished it.
  • divasoofly
    divasoofly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just did it this past Tuesday and was successful. I was incredibly nervous as day 2 was so hard for me. Just do it. Stop for 30 seconds or a minute if you have to but I think you will surprise yourself. Today I was going to do the 20 mins again but instead i went 28 mins and completed 2 miles! I didn't think I could do the 20 mins again but I did and then some. Don't over think it...just go for it. It's ok if you can't....you will get there. But most likely you can...which is awesome!!

That's my problem. I am overthinking it so I am listening. I am on W5D3 and I have been putting it off for a couple of days psyching myself out. So I am just going to do it and see what happens. You're right! It's my race and I run it as I see fit. Thanks guys for all the suggestions.:flowerforyou:
  • divasoofly
    divasoofly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did it!!!! I completed W5D3!!! I took my speed down and built it up to my usual pace and I got through it. Then I continued until I ran the 3.1 (5k) total. With that said, go ahead and go for it!!!!!!
  • emmalouise1980
    emmalouise1980 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HI, sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I run three times a week, leaving a day or two inbetween. On other days I do 30 day shred or go walking. How are you getting on?
  • christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I did it!!!! I completed W5D3!!! I took my speed down and built it up to my usual pace and I got through it. Then I continued until I ran the 3.1 (5k) total. With that said, go ahead and go for it!!!!!!
    Well done!!! I can't wait to get to that point!! I'm just on D3W2!! You must feel very proud!!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yay!! So much of it is mental (although my poor body has been sorta screaming physically as well). It is an awesome moment to do something you didn't think was possible.
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congrats, keep going and before you know it you will be doing a 5k.