the best thing to eat

Options
the best thing to eat is cabbage.
in 100g of raw cabbage is only 24 calories and it tastes sooo good :tongue:
if you don't like it raw in salads, there are other ways too like e.g. sauerkraut and many more ways.
anyway, my suggestion: eat cabbage my friends :drinker:

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Cabbage is delicious in a low fat stir-fry! I use just a touch of olive oil and then add water. There are many types of cabbage...try bok choy!
  • brainey100
    brainey100 Posts: 27
    Options
    I wish I could like it because I know its good for you, but I'd rather be hit with a bat than to eat it.
  • squib
    squib Posts: 34
    Options
    I wish I could like it because I know its good for you, but I'd rather be hit with a bat than to eat it.
    :laugh: that bad?
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I love cabbage had some last nite for dinner yum yummy yum
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options

I hear you brother, I hear you. Cabbage is simply nasty to me. Yikes!!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I love cabbage. Boiled I will eat it with anything!! yum!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    How does your garden grow???

Mine has 12 heads of cabbage growing in it - 6 white, and 6 red.

I'm eating cole slaw!! Nom nom
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

I have a pretty pink baseball bat if you need it.....

I love cabbage!
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Try cooking shredded cabbage with onions & sauerkraut!! Yum, yum, yummy! My sister makes that to go with her pork chops (unfortunately, I can't eat pork anymore--makes me sick), but when I did eat it, it was SOOO good!

...btw, I had some sauerkraut last night! :smile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Try cooking shredded cabbage with onions & sauerkraut!! Yum, yum, yummy! My sister makes that to go with her pork chops (unfortunately, I can't eat pork anymore--makes me sick), but when I did eat it, it was SOOO good!

Does she boil the cabbage or sautee - this sounds yummy - can you give more of the recipe....
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Does she boil the cabbage or sautee - this sounds yummy - can you give more of the recipe....

It's more of a stir-fry kind of thing. Do the onions and cabbage first, and then when it gets mostly to the consistency you want it (whether somewhat crispy yet or a bit mushy), add the sauerkraut. You could also add some caraway seeds, too. Mmm. As far as ratios go, I'd do about 1/2 cabbage & 1/2 sauerkraut (I'm 100% German, so I LOVE sauerkraut)!

I hope this helps! :drinker:
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    Cool! I just bought 2 cabbage heads last night. Usually I finish 1 in 2 days.
    Is it too late to start grown cabbage in the backyard? or start up a veggie garden.
    I'm on this new diet, trying to eat 2 lbs of veggi/salad each day.