Losing pounds but not inches

Options
Tomorrow will end 6 weeks eating better and 5 weeks working out. I've lost 15.4 pounds. The frustrating part is that my clothes aren't fitting any better. I would think they would be by now.

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will end 6 weeks eating better and 5 weeks working out. I've lost 15.4 pounds. The frustrating part is that my clothes aren't fitting any better. I would think they would be by now.

Have you actually used a tape measure to measure yourself?

I'm going at a similar pace...Sitting at about a 14lb loss after 6 weeks of eating better and 5 weeks of working out. My clothes fit about the same...same pants size. Same shirt size...but I've measured several inches lost off of my belly.

Even when I lost almost 25 lbs before I only went down 1 pants size and it was still tight. Give it more time. You're already doing great...the visual loss will come.
  • Mochi915
    Mochi915 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yeah don't give up! =)
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Might be affected by how much abdominal fat you were carrying (heart attack fat) that can slow apparent loss, bet if you measure there is some gone, I'm up to 28 since i started and 21 since i started here, lost some inches off the middle about mid way then nothing there but it's coming off very evenly now, kind of annoying, I want to lose it around the waist so I can buy some decent pants, lol. Tight in waist baggy everywhere else.
  • kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ive lost 20 pounds and can still wear the same pants. just need to dry them on high lol. sometimes it takes awhile for the clothes to be looser- youll turn a corner one day and youll be like dang when did these get too big?!
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    I have also had the same issue, and now I am not losing pounds, but I just I am losing more inches. Keep it up and don't get discouraged your doing great so far. Each day that you eat right and workout you are on step closer, and in time you will see the change with your clothes too.
  • GinaJDarling
    GinaJDarling Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 80lbs and I have only lost about a inch in my waist and a inch in my thighs. I feel I'm barley loosing inches too.
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Options
    I was just saying the same thing earlier to some of my friends. I have lost 13 total, and 9 since starting MFP, and there are no changes. I didn't do any measurements before I started, but no one can tell I have lost any weight, and all of my clothes fit exactly the same. I think the more you have to lose (I have a ton to lose) the more it takes to see a difference. I know I FEEL better, so something is working. Of course, I haven't been at it very long.
  • john233
    Options
    Please do not give up, GOOD LUCK! :smile: