what do you think of that saying ? .

Replies

• smoochypearl
    Options
    >_<
  • ineedhelp18
    ineedhelp18 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i like oatmeal. i used to like it with peanut butter but pb is band from my house
  • smoochypearl
    Options
    i like oatmeal. i used to like it with peanut butter but pb is band from my house

geez how do you eat that..i guess its high in calories even if you told me
  • littlegoat
    Options
    It's working for me so far.. basically any meal where I'm not sure what to have, I go to oatmeal. Admittedly not the healthiest type, I bought a ton of the individual flavoured sachets to take to work for a snack, but still, one made with milk fills me up for a good few hours so I'm not complaining.. love making them with some grated apple mixed in, and cinnamon.. if I close my eyes I can pretend it's apple pie, haha.
  • smoochypearl
    Options
    It's working for me so far.. basically any meal where I'm not sure what to have, I go to oatmeal. Admittedly not the healthiest type, I bought a ton of the individual flavoured sachets to take to work for a snack, but still, one made with milk fills me up for a good few hours so I'm not complaining.. love making them with some grated apple mixed in, and cinnamon.. if I close my eyes I can pretend it's apple pie, haha.

thats exactly what I have been doing because I ran out of chicken Breast ..pulled out the plain oatmeal
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal but one of those instant oatmeal packs around 160 really doesn't fill me up so I eat fruit or.veggies instead
  • epcorne
    epcorne Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Have you tried pb2 peanut butter powder??
    It tastes nearly the same and is MUCH better for you!!!!
  • smoochypearl
    Options
    i think oatmeal makes me feel fuller
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Ooooo I'm trying a tablespoon of peanut butter in my plain stuff next time!!
  • smoochypearl
    Options
    dark chocolate oatmeal...only 160 calories got it from this organic store it cost me $1.70
  • littlegoat
    Options
    Ooooo I'm trying a tablespoon of peanut butter in my plain stuff next time!!

Try putting it on top of the oatmeal instead of mixing it in (I found the taste just disappears that way).. this way it just sits on the top and melts slowly, so you can grab a little bit of pb in with each mouthful.

..now I want more oatmeal :(
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    If you want to do the oatmeal (i have it every day for breakfast) then add some raisins, walnuts and some cinnamon to the oats. Some stevia or splenda to sweeten it up and you have an awesome meal. I also add freshly ground flax or put a tbsp of chia seed into it to add extra fiber.

That is filling and will last me about 4 hours. It's a great start to the day.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have an omelet (2 egg white + 1 egg, 2 oz. turkey ham, bell pepper) every morning with a bowl of oatmeal (!/2 tbsp of cinnamon and 1/4 cup almond milk).

Good stuff with protein.
  • smoochypearl
    Options
    If you want to do the oatmeal (i have it every day for breakfast) then add some raisins, walnuts and some cinnamon to the oats. Some stevia or splenda to sweeten it up and you have an awesome meal. I also add freshly ground flax or put a tbsp of chia seed into it to add extra fiber.

That is filling and will last me about 4 hours. It's a great start to the day.

that sounds good...*writes down*
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i love oatmeal! i'll eat it made sweet, with soymilk and cinnamon for breakfast. or for lunch, i'll make a bowl of oatmeal and top it with poached eggs. LOVE!

definitely, my dear, when it doubt... eat oatmeal.
  • rlwart
    rlwart Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is high carb with not enough fiber or protein to split the difference.
    Plus, nobody eats plain oatmeal, they put other high carb stuff in it so it tastes like dessert.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Tried PB in my oatmeal this week and .....LOVE IT !!! First time I have ever finished the whole bowl.
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    Mmmm. Oatmeal. My favorite. I add fruit or peanut butter and its just yummtastic!
  • DesertFlowersCanDance
    Options
    oatmeal is basically a carb food, right? and carbs drive insulin and insulin drives fat.... do the research!

next time, consider eating protein with fats...you will fuller so much longer and more satisfied......

youtube.......undergroundwellness guy.....

do the research :)
  • smoochypearl
    Options
    Oatmeal is high carb with not enough fiber or protein to split the difference.
    Plus, nobody eats plain oatmeal, they put other high carb stuff in it so it tastes like dessert.

:( I like plain oatmeal sometimes but.....sometimes i use splenda